Ox trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Well I bought a couple of Ox trowels. A one stainless by mistake and then the carbon steel one as I'd meant to buy in the first place.
I spent no more than two minutes with an oilstone on each and then set about using them.
The stainless one was used for a hit from start to finish and it worked really nicely. On the next hit I put on, laid in and first trowelled with the stainless and then gave a further two trowels with the carbon steel. Again the trowel performed just as I'd hoped.
These trowels feel really well made with plenty of rivets and as long as they hold their shape I think they'll last at least as well as the Marshalltown trowels
If you're a through and through Marshalltown user then the handles will feel odd at first but if like me you've used and liked the Ragni trowels then you'll almost certainly like these.
Not that the price is that important but these are well priced, I paid just over £22 for the stainless and £20 for the carbon steel including postage.

Hi I got myself a 0x 18'' 2 months ago and the rivets have popped on the end all ready.
made a call to ox to get a replacement to be told a I had to fill in a lot of paper work then wait for the trowel
to be picked up and then after 2weeks wait to be told by ox I am not getting a replacement??????????
the trowel was still mint clean not bent just one rivet popped.
Ox trowels might seem a good deal with the price but for me it Marshalltown all the way.

But still an old overweight git like me manages to do 70m2 ceilings with them. Just what you're comfortable with.
Definately.It's about hand speed rather than the size of the trowel.Much more comfortable to use and less likely to suffer from tennis elbow .Andy,myself and some of the older guys here are just as quick and neat as the ones that use the big trowels.

Definately.It's about hand speed rather than the size of the trowel.Much more comfortable to use and less likely to suffer from tennis elbow .Andy,myself and some of the older guys here are just as quick and neat as the ones that use the big trowels.
So say you have all you say plus a bigger trowel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.