Ox trowel

Back to trowels...

looking to get a new 16" (which is why I noticed Ox don't carry one in their range - if they did, I'd go ahead and buy one) - I know a few forum members have tried Ragni's new flexis, but have any of you tried Ragni's 'featheredge' laying-on trowels? They look to have upped their game, recently.

Currently use a 13" Permashape, but looking to try something bigger, and try a different brand. Judging by recent forum chatter, with Ryan, Nela's new Elite seems to be undergoing change, so I'll steer clear of that for now.

Refina's Finatex 16" might be an option, although I'm not sure if the shank is long enough (it's hard to find a correct pic of correct length, as online retailers are lazy with their stock pics). Kraft might be an option, but they're expensive and I recall discussion, some time ago, that they might not be rust-proof - maybe things have improved since then.

Anyone got a 16" they really like and can recommend?

Back to trowels...

looking to get a new 16" (which is why I noticed Ox don't carry one in their range - if they did, I'd go ahead and buy one) - I know a few forum members have tried Ragni's new flexis, but have any of you tried Ragni's 'featheredge' laying-on trowels? They look to have upped their game, recently.

Currently use a 13" Permashape, but looking to try something bigger, and try a different brand. Judging by recent forum chatter, with Ryan, Nela's new Elite seems to be undergoing change, so I'll steer clear of that for now.

Refina's Finatex 16" might be an option, although I'm not sure if the shank is long enough (it's hard to find a correct pic of correct length, as online retailers are lazy with their stock pics). Kraft might be an option, but they're expensive and I recall discussion, some time ago, that they might not be rust-proof - maybe things have improved since then.

I love the Nela 16" black (not the new ones) their flex trowels. Outstanding trowel in my opinion

I love the Nela 16" black (not the new ones) their flex trowels. Outstanding trowel in my opinion

Do you mean these?:

Image08-500x500.jpg

Not tried them. On the flexi side of things, I like using Refina's s*p*r*lex 3 (0.5mm).

What I'm currently looking for is a laying-on trowel.

Glad you like the Black flexi, though. I know there's been some griping about them taking ages to break in, but I don't doubt they're nice when they eventually break-in, and I know you're a longtime user of various Nela trowels (y)

Do you mean these?:

View attachment 56230

Not tried them. On the flexi side of things, I like using Refina's s*p*r*lex 3 (0.5mm).

What I'm currently looking for is a laying-on trowel.

Glad you like the Black flexi, though. I know there's been some griping about them taking ages to break in, but I don't doubt they're nice when they eventually break-in, and I know you're a longtime user of various Nela trowels (y)
Didn't find mine took that long to break in to be honest, I also like the ox ultraflex but find the Mediflex and Nela black have a bit more rigidity

I use a MS carbon for both coats and flatten then cross trowel no water, then finish with the mediflex twice. The first pass with water but no pressure just glide across, then final pass when firmed up but still with water but a much firmer press.

Back to trowels...

Yes mate, bang flat and really comfortable.

Attachments

• 20201130_175328.jpg
    20201130_175328.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 120