Ox Tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there a real problem with the carbon steel they've used?

What would cause them to rust so quickly? Not enough carbon in or maybe just poor quality steel?

proberly bought there steel from petersteelstrip:RpS_lol:

Too expensive given its short life span, we guinea pigged it and it was an expensive lesson, it is good but has big failings

@SpankySouthport plastic end caps have little buttons just on the back edge of the metal frame just unclip and slide the blade out

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep throwing it at a wall until the blade comes out. Put the new one back in the same way

Seeing how this range works first. If it works and we have good fb on the products we will look at the carbon steel trowels. We can still get them so let me know if you want one

i got myself the big ox trowel today, and ive never used one like that. Chucked my first coat on, then flattened it with this big trowel. perfect. Laid it up, then gave my first trowel with the new one, and i'm now converted. soon as its sharp enough ill use it all the time.

<p>
So is there a real problem with the carbon steel they've used? What would cause them to rust so quickly? Not enough carbon in or maybe just poor quality steel?
I recon its rising damp.................the damp rising up out of the plaster your using or the wet brush your cleaning it with............................carbon steel HEY who would of guessed it rusted when it came into contact with water xx</p>

what size did you get hudd??

457mm long....or 18" in english. I've always used 15", and got this big one for flattening. I think i've become lazy in flattening, by not doing it. So as i said yesterday, as soon as i'd first coating, i left it 5 minutes, and has a go with this big trowel. I think its brilliant. I tried using it this morning to chuck a wall on, it was fine, but my arm started to ache a bit, probably from more multi on the trowel than normal. I'm converted to using a big trowel for flattening though. And its a nice trowel too. It was £37 from the place i got it from.

sorry £37 with a new £11 lamp too, so it was £26 for the trowel. Should have gone to the plasterersshop....maybe ill order a midget trowel from him, as mines gone walkies...

Status
Not open for further replies.