Overboarding Bedroom Ceiling : advice appreciated

Members online

Iain Cooper

Hi all,
I'm having to overboard my lathe and plaster ceiling due to various cracks appearing over the years.
I have marked out the joists and intend to strap across them with 25mm X 50mm at 300mm centres and board with 9.5x900x1800 plasterboard. ( easier for me to do on my own )
Then have a plasterer skim it and refit the coving.
My question is regarding staggering the joints on the plasterboard, best place to start, etc
Any advice and tips appreciated.
thanks
Iain
IMG_20210108_095817882.jpg
IMG_20210108_095731882_MP.jpg

If your setting your path out at 300 centres and your using 1800 boards it wouldn’t matter where you start cus you’ll use full boards and all your cuts should be the same
Thread closed
You’re welcome

Hi all,
I'm having to overboard my lathe and plaster ceiling due to various cracks appearing over the years.
I have marked out the joists and intend to strap across them with 25mm X 50mm at 300mm centres and board with 9.5x900x1800 plasterboard. ( easier for me to do on my own )
My question is regarding staggering the joints on the plasterboard, best place to start, etc
thanks
IainView attachment 57506View attachment 57507
Plasterer probably charge you more for going on to boards you did yourself. Just let him do it.

Hi all,
thanks
IainView attachment 57506View attachment 57507
Just get @Casper to do it. That way it'll look like you've done it yourself except you'll have to pay.

Up here for thinking