overboard curved ceiling

Members online

tapit

I have some ceilings to overboard, the type that curve to the last couple of feet to meet wall.
how do you all do the curved part?

Two methods for me, use 9.5mm boards and snap at the curve point, form the curve then with bonding but let this set or day before. Or use 6mm contour boards bit expensive.

Two methods for me, use 9.5mm boards and snap at the curve point, form the curve then with bonding but let this set or day before. Or use 6mm contour boards bit expensive.
i like the contour board idea, where would i get them ?

If you read threads on this forum and take in the information (unlike Danny) tapit has mentioned several times he is not a spread!

would contour board just be used at curve and feathered onto thicker board with bonding

Yes. Did you get any of the yoozy boxes for your tiling? I used some again this week on a big overskim and they are brilliant. I use 42 or 50mm screws to hold in place then remove next day,

I have some ceilings to overboard, the type that curve to the last couple of feet to meet wall.
how do you all do the curved part?
Just board it and bond out the curve. The board will bend slightly anyway then just scrim and bond the gap

Yes. Did you get any of the yoozy boxes for your tiling? I used some again this week on a big overskim and they are brilliant. I use 42 or 50mm screws to hold in place then remove next day,
yes mate, i bought some but not used yet.

nothing new as yet then apart from contour boards which i may try.

Last edited:
show where you said this loopy, or has it gone to private.
screenshot

Haven’t got time to search. To sum up I said you’ve stumbled across this tape somewhere, possibly abroad. Had an idea, ordered some rolls.

I then said you’re a diy plasterer because you keep asking questions like this one.

Haven’t got time to search. To sum up I said you’ve stumbled across this tape somewhere, possibly abroad. Had an idea, ordered some rolls.

I then said you’re a diy plasterer because you keep asking questions like this one.
you wanna borrow my shovel?

57BDCDE0-1A24-447C-ADAF-9A5430D0AC05.gif

Sorry , forgot you have to get that wall straight for tiling today. good luck.

You’re forgetting something. That job was remidal and skim.

And I went back and checked and it was all fine, but I still said I’ll sort the 2 bead corners out. I also said a decent tiler would tile that wall no problem. And I think he’s making excuses/courser.

And guess what. Went back today. Filled 2 bits out. On way out she tells me she called me tiler back to update him that the plasterer is coming to do the bits he complained about.. guess what he said. He can’t do it now anyway.

“Told you so” moment. I asked is he seen the tiles before he came to quote. Nope. All makes sense now.

If you wanna challenge my plastering then come do a day with me. I’ll pay u. Getting all slaggy on here because these slow c**ts are finally realising your a diy dad with some tape isn’t nice.

And I went back and checked and it was all fine, but I still said I’ll sort the 2 bead corners out. I also said a decent tiler would tile that wall no problem. And I think he’s making excuses/courser.

And guess what. Went back today. Filled 2 bits out. On way out she tells me she called me tiler back to update him that the plasterer is coming to do the bits he complained about.. guess what he said. He can’t do it now anyway.

“Told you so” moment. I asked is he seen the tiles before he came to quote. Nope. All makes sense now.

If you wanna challenge my plastering then come do a day with me. I’ll pay u. Getting all slaggy on here because these slow c**ts are finally realising your a diy dad with some tape isn’t nice.
listen mate, the personnel stuff is always instigated by you. i only reply to your comments.
you would be better to put me on ignore.
If you like i will help you board and skim a bathroom then you can help me wire it up, fit shower, bathroom suite, new window, tile, hang new door and paint?

Challenge accepted :lol:

listen mate, the personnel stuff is always instigated by you. i only reply to your comments.
you would be better to put me on ignore.
If you like i will help you board and skim a bathroom then you can help me wire it up, fit shower, bathroom suite, new window, tile, hang new door and paint?
I’ll challenge you to that nd all I’m a professional diy’er at my gaff to