Over sills problem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Dear all,

Perhaps you can help me here.
I have recently fitted some Wemico aluminium over sills on an Ewi job which were
Powder coated in a standard white.

The client has just rang me to say he isn't happy because there is a colour difference between the sills and his new white plastic windows.

He is a perfectionist and I want him to be satisfied so I need some sensible solutions please!?.

Thanks
Richard

If he's not happy with the colour I can't think what you can do except repaint them a different white.

Not it very helpful I know.

he is looking for some money off! thats it,there is no way to match off whites and he fcuking knows that just offer hem a couple of hundred quid.

I mentioned painting them but he doesn't want brush stokes which is fair enough.

Is there a plastic oversill you can buy or can I over clad with some kind of facia?

to be honest you are chasing your tail on this one. there is so many shades of white you are doomed. i work along side a few window fitting comps and seen them getting ****** over by customers because the panels didnt match the frames. the colour was the same but the texture was diffrenjt so it looked odd. they all took a discount to end it! when there is a few quid involved they will all live with the diffrence.

Its a tough 1 oversills arw new phenomenon in the uk and many are crude while all have limited options. You are never going to match the colour of the upvc.

Eurocell do a sill from upvc on its own but difficult to fit as it is still a full thickness with a cavity..

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I mentioned painting them but he doesn't want brush stokes which is fair enough.

Is there a plastic oversill you can buy or can I over clad with some kind of facia?

What about a Vinyl wrap i dunno if it could be done but maybe worth investigating ?

to be honest you are chasing your tail on this one. there is so many shades of white you are doomed. i work along side a few window fitting comps and seen them getting ****** over by customers because the panels didnt match the frames. the colour was the same but the texture was diffrenjt so it looked odd. they all took a discount to end it! when there is a few quid involved they will all live with the diffrence.
im with jessop on this one,, could be a right pain in the ass,, people tend to think white is white, but like jessop says there is so many shades,, same problem with black

U could call the window and door frame scratch repair dude. There are loads of companies doing cosmetics on site where windows get damaged. Its possible he could match the colour.

The frames have prob faded also

A decent a decent painter will match this colour using a quality paint and no brush strokes. There are some really good painters about.
If you cant find one match the colour in an aerosol and ask a car painter to do it. Loads of them mr dent type people about who can match the paint mix it up and do it with their own equipment.
Or offer the customer to change colour completly to contrast

All you can offer him is the same plastic and that means speaking to the window company who supplied, they all differ slightly in shade, if they fabricate there own get them to give you the sills at an Early stage in the fabrication then go over the top of the sills. This is what will keep a perfectionist happy, I know lol if they don't fabricate I'm sure they will put you onto who they get there gear from. I would work with the client on this and if he sees your doing everything you can he might take a different attitude and will have a bit more of a say, to the company who supplied the windows.

Depends how picky he is as well, cos daylight will always reflect slightly different off the cill and the frame :RpS_thumbup:

Windows are brand new.

If they had brand new windows then wtf are u putting oversills on for.

Get em made with deep enough profiles they do em deep as u want.

The cosmetic painters I mention are what blones is saying they are ex car sprayers a lot of em and use the same methods even car body filler for dents and chips in frames.

Best bet I think

If they had brand new windows then wtf are u putting oversills on for.

Get em made with deep enough profiles they do em deep as u want.

The cosmetic painters I mention are what blones is saying they are ex car sprayers a lot of em and use the same methods even car body filler for dents and chips in frames.

Best bet I think

copying cuuuunt . u hang on my shirtsleeves

They knew they were having the system fitted which was a 90mm system but the window manufacture told them they don't make sills deep enough.

How much would it cost to get them sprayed do you think?

Wouldn't,t you need to know what ral colour the plastic frames are? Otherwise you will be back to square one. The plastic window repair people are quite good I have used them for a door repair this year and the repair was invisible?

even with the same ral, the high gloss could make it look different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.