outside men

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends how well the dashing is on, if it is solid then you could probably get away with it after a coat of pva but if it is hollow then it will definatly need hacking off.

its solid enough the whole house is dashed and he looking it all rubbed up smooth.Thinking of scratching it twice first!

Hi Steve , using two scratch coats is a good idea it will keep the thickness of the coats down to a min,it would be a good idea to rule off the 2nd scratch aswell this will help when it comes to your top coat. My main concern would be to seal the old dashing up if not painted ,for this i would use a SBR slurry one coat 24 hours before you start rendering and one coat as you start your scratch coat just make sure its not completly dry as you cover it will also give a create a very good bond for your 1st coat, I hope this helps you Church.

where did you go mate i just got back from javea (between valencia and alicante) weather was a bit hit and miss weren't it !

Was in la pinada beside salou nice place 2 bad days 4 good cant complain too much i heard the week before it was very bad :'(

i saw some lads doing some render and got a few photos the family left me behind cause i had to have a look he was doing a ceiling outside on a veranda and he takes a bucket trowel full puts it on his float (like we use for rending) and layed it on then on the way back he was buttering full mesh panels up with a gauger, round the corner his mate was just chucking it at the wall with a gauger ha ha ha fair play as long as the sun shines who cares

I was watching a guy over there plastering he just layed it on with a big float and left it to dry never touch it !
Some of the plastering over there looks rough enough too. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.