Outgoings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnh

Was on site today and the screeder turned up to pour two houses in what must have been 80k worth of artic what a tool. And here's me still getting over spending 100 odd quid out on my refina spat the weekend

Was on site today and the screeder turned up to pour two houses in what must have been 80k worth of artic what a tool. And here's me still getting over spending 100 odd quid out on my refina spat the weekend

+ postage................:-0

Serious work requires serious outgoings.

We're fortunate that the tools a spread needs only sets us back a few hundred quid. You can buy a trowel, mixer, feather edge, gauging trowel, mixing buckets, mortar stand and spot board for less than £200. I guess that's why there are so many people jumping on the band wagon :)

anything that makes your job easier/more profitable is a sound investment, if you have the work for it. most pay for them selves over and over again, ive 2 render machines and theyve paid me back 5 fold over the years.

We're fortunate that the tools a spread needs only sets us back a few hundred quid. You can buy a trowel, mixer, feather edge, gauging trowel, mixing buckets, mortar stand and spot board for less than £200. I guess that's why there are so many people jumping on the band wagon :)
My mega mixer cost me 385 Minh:RpS_laugh:

This is why so many are having a go. I had a bloke leave me after 5 years to start up on his own. All he had was a Citroen zx and hand tools. He hired every thing to start with. He did become successful but although good on the tools he could not handle the men, the phone calls and looking at jobs in his own private time. He eventually went to work for the Council for a quiet life. It took 2 years which apart from 1 bloke is the average for my ex workers to start up and give up.

Lucky sods. Wish I had the guts to pack it all in.

those cheap stuff never last

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've heard new spreads say "What? You paid £380 for your mixer?! I only paid £100 for mine". In reply, I say "Yes, but mine is a Refina, I can rely on it to work day in day out" :RpS_biggrin:

those cheap stuff never last

Disagree m8, i have an evolution wacka plate thats prbably done more miles than a lot of folk, i have a screwfix worktop template, i have a few other tools that are wht you'd class cheap (couple of ragni trowels etc) i look after my tools tho' cheap or dear, i have tried much stuff over the years and some expensive stuff ain't no more superior than lower cost stuff. My router is an elu for worktops, a cheaperscrewfix one for small stuff, but things like saws,hammers,chisels, all types of blades etc are of the stanley make or better. Obv. If i buy an item and its not up to the job, it goes back and a ffar superior would be bought. But genuinely i do have stuff thats been used a lot and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.