Out of date plaster

Members online

Toastednuts

I'm not a plasterer - but recently got in a professional to do some ceilings - 5 to do so went to the shop and bought the plasterboard and multi finish with said plasterer (I have an LNPG account so get a bigger discount - 32 no 2.4m sheets and 16 bags of multi-finish. He completed 3 ceilings early but has just come back to do the last 2 and wants new multifinsh as the use by date is 23/07/22. Firstly, should Selco be selling multifinish with only two weeks to use it? I had no idea it had a sell by date so would any of you normally advise a client that plaster has a UBD so look for the stuff with a longer use by date?

I'm not a plasterer - but recently got in a professional to do some ceilings - 5 to do so went to the shop and bought the plasterboard and multi finish with said plasterer (I have an LNPG account so get a bigger discount - 32 no 2.4m sheets and 16 bags of multi-finish. He completed 3 ceilings early but has just come back to do the last 2 and wants new multifinsh as the use by date is 23/07/22. Firstly, should Selco be selling multifinish with only two weeks to use it? I had no idea it had a sell by date so would any of you normally advise a client that plaster has a UBD so look for the stuff with a longer use by date?
Tell him I said stop being an old lady and get it on!

You want to sell it

I know someone who wants to re-sell it! :rolleyes:

Chuckle TPF.gif

Lots of small guys take their clients to buy the materials, keeps their books below VAT, customer happy because they think they got a good price and own the materials, so are not afraid the trade will run off with the deposit money.
Apparently deposit runners are quite frequent around here according to a plumber I quoted to for a job.