Ouch

Members online

Richard paul

Ok how many others have found there trowel arm is turning to spaghetti after 20 plus years and or is just a constant ache of a limb that if it didn't earn them those pennies, it would be removed as a useless piece of ......

Was gonna put my hand up to agree but couldn't! :)
Welcome Richard, I've had an op on my shoulder about 8 years ago and it's OK now but also take strong tablets for arthritis which maybe masking wear and tear. I'm 50.

Little achy at times but OK most of the time, dermatitis flares up regular tho! I'm 38.

I shall be living on benefits in 20 years if my wrist carries on, im hoping ive got a specefic injury though as it came out of no where, was fine one day f**k*d the next
Find out what it is first then u can adjust accordingly don't let it get to a point your f**k*d buddy!!!

Ive pushed myself latley even @scottie5 would be impressed? ? I'm sore tho very sore and not best pleased as it's my best wanking arm when Mrs Marshy has f**k*d off lol

Welcome Richard, I've had an op on my shoulder about 8 years ago and it's OK now but also take strong tablets for arthritis which maybe masking wear and tear. I'm 50.
What tablets james

We spoke about it on another thread I'm on methotrexate and they took you off them and the ones your on now you inject. I looked it up and didnt like the sound of them, but then again mine are strong.
You wanna get off that shite mate get on the biologics

you old fecker :inocente:-------------recently my elbow has started playing up ---- i put it down to heavier pens and more marking :inocente:

Rotator cuff damage and arthritis in trowel arm (shoulder) and seized up s**t going on in handboard arm and shoulder blade.
One shoulder higher than the other lol
I'm 43...

Rotator cuff damage and arthritis in trowel arm (shoulder) and seized up s**t going on in handboard arm and shoulder blade.
One shoulder higher than the other lol
I'm 43...
Similar @CeeVee, seen the chiropractor , and the answer seems to be using more blades, less trowelling and stretching before and after work. If you were an athlete that would happen routinely.

Similar @CeeVee, seen the chiropractor , and the answer seems to be using more blades, less trowelling and stretching before and after work. If you were an athlete that would happen routinely.
As it happens I was told by a very sporty mate of mine that the reason I sweat so much is because I'm basically an athlete...

I'm so physically active being a plasterer that my body expects extreme work whenever I do anything mildly active...therefore I sweat like a pig all the time!!!
:bailando:

As it happens I was told by a very sporty mate of mine that the reason I sweat so much is because I'm basically an athlete...

I'm so physically active being a plasterer that my body expects extreme work whenever I do anything mildly active...therefore I sweat like a pig all the time!!!
Makes sense... I am not an athlete and I sweat...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Apparently the resting heart rate of an "athlete" is between 43-59bpm mines 52bpm.....not bad for a fat spread :bananahappy:

Im blowing out my arse after a few hundred meters running so not sure whats gone wrong with the theory lol:cachetada:

I in fairness have had a few problems not related to plastering ie a car crash had 2 discs removed and some odd arthritis at a young age, swear that plastering has kept me in better form than if I had a desk jockey job (having tried that some 20 years ago) I am 42 now. I have a very good osteopath, when I posted this I hadn't seen him for a couple years (a testament to how good he is) however turns out I had a couple problems in my neck and I am half way through treatment and trowel arm is improving but does this sound familiar to anyone I now have an issue with partially numb hands ?

I have had a string of problems over the years.

At 31 had a knee problem which is down to a dislodged knee cap after 3 accidents on the same knee. Had surgery and got over it.

As someone has above I woke up aged 33 and both wrists was aching. One painful the other weak and numb. I was diagnosed with tynosynovitus in both wrists. Stopped rendering until I was 39. Managed the business making zilch and went on the cabs to makes end meet.

At 53-54 I got tennis elbow and I had two years off with that.

Had back problems since my 30's and has been bad this year but started doing yoga for back pain and that has helped a lot.

Plastering tears you apart. I get others to do the slog when I can. Costs a bit having a labourer all the time bit it keeps me going for now.

Coming off the methotrexate @Gibbo and taking Otezla, they are tablets 2 a day. Been struggling lately and these are supposed to be good and can still have a beer.

QUOTE="jamesthefirst, post: 1156368, member: 4606"]Coming off the methotrexate @Gibbo and taking Otezla, they are tablets 2 a day. Been struggling lately and these are supposed to be good and can still have a beer.[/QUOTE]

i love this place....2 years on and the conversation is still on.
like we never left the pub (y)(y)

Just to counter that, my brother who doesn’t do any physical work whatsoever and is overweight gets drenched in sweat just walking down the street. I’ve never been much of a sweater and I’m physically active in gym and other things. Everyone’s different though

I shall be living on benefits in 20 years if my wrist carries on, im hoping ive got a specefic injury though as it came out of no where, was fine one day f**k*d the next

Sounds like tynosinovitus. I had it. Off the tools for 7 years.