ouch

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My old lab got a face full once and like a t**t he started rubbing his eyes, didn't come and tell us just sat there rubbing his eyes and crying the soppy *******, someone took him a&e and they had to scrape the set finish off his eyes with a scalpel...

it really is beyond me why u dont wear glasses when doin lids. I know u look like a $£$% but if it saves yer eyesight:RpS_unsure:

very rare im stood underneath the trowel when layin a lid on anyway? dunno if im doin something wrong but i only got an eyeful once... believe me, that was once too many...
i dont really look up either? i only seem to look into the corner and the rest just sort of happens somehow? must be magic i suppose... :RpS_bored:

I said i was gonna wear glasses after i got it into my eye but a few ceilings later stopped wearing them i always keep a bucket of clean water near by to wash it out straight away just smash you face straight into the water usually does the trick.

unless you got it in both eyes... then you end up smashing your face straight into the hop-up.. :rolleyes)

I have only had it my eye once, i had some optrex in the van, not much good when your on your stilts.Squinting like a twax,trying to walk outsise on stilts.

Nasty. Not had one in a while. Always. always, always get to a sink straight away and get as much cold water into the eye as you can, blinking, NOT rubbing while you do. Some people seem to be worse affected than others. Specs are a good idea but mine always steam up lol

bloody blinders they are no joke, i had a belter 3 weeks ago my hole bottom lid was full of multi ended up in ninewell hosp and got allsorts of things done bloody p.h tests under the lids, 2 days of agony, wore specs next days at work but they steamed up to death, canny win got a near miss today lol shat it though and dived into the bathroom

i got lime in my eye a few years back:RpS_crying: how do they treat a lime burn??? with acid drops OUCH u F*****g f**k**s was in hospital for 2 weeks still affects me now but could have been way worse guys hove lost sight with the stuff. Never used it again

didnt they drop anasthetic in first? had loads of shrapnel dug out me eyes off grinders whilst workin in fabrication shops and all they do is drop some numbing liquid in, then an orange dye, then just dig the shrapnel out with what looks (at very very close range) like a spade end fishing hook!

got it my eye a few year back first pull on the first coat, i was in more pain than when i broke the mulitpul bones that i have, spent 3 days in hospital and now have a pemanent black spot on my eye from burns

The way the NHS is cutting staff it will be a fukin porter scraping the s**t oot of your eye!!!

well seeing as im the resident one eyed spred who up to literally a month back never wore safety s (finally found some real nice non steamers) the answer is like chris says .if your set up scaffold wise correct you shud never be spreading over your head this mainly happens when your not high enuff and your looking right up and splosh

I had to go to hospital once too, plaster is an Alkaline or something and really burns the eye, if you dont get it washed out the eye will start to heal over whats in there and you can lose your eye over it!

Obviously the occasionaly little bit isnt too bad but if you get a full on blob!

notice most people only ever do it the once.... talk about learning from your mistakes... :RpS_laugh:

Lad we've got working for us was working for another gangAnyway someone rolled up a ball of Krend and dropped it at him and shouted him at the same time he looked up and took it straight in the eye so let alone the stinging I bet it ******* hurt aswell so in pain and blinded he ran straight into a scaffold pole ha ha

keeping the back of the trowel clean helps a lot. give the back a wash when it starts to build up and you will have less chance of a blob hitting ya.

Lad we've got working for us was working for another gangAnyway someone rolled up a ball of Krend and dropped it at him and shouted him at the same time he looked up and took it straight in the eye so let alone the stinging I bet it ******* hurt aswell so in pain and blinded he ran straight into a scaffold pole ha ha

:RpS_laugh:

only thing that could have been worse would have been running scalp first into one o them coupling clamps that the cnuts leave 'bolt down' on any cross beams around head height.. :RpS_crying:

I hit the bolt of a scaffold clamp thing and that ******* hurt it still had hair and a bit of skin left on it me mate rapped me up like little bo peep lol

comes a close second to lime in the eye dunnit... :RpS_crying:
thing is.... with a hardhat on you hit every f'ckin one of em... :rolleyes)

Lol Yeah weird innit ?.......wonder what gyp bonds like in the eye only managed to step in a bucket so far

about a yeay ago laying on a lid with a m8 hoped down too get somthing walked straigt into the path of a lump of finish being flicked of his trowel bang in the eye
i was stood there under the hose for about 10 mins eye swelled up like propper
wasnt happy
smoked about 10 B&H in 5mins one after the uther trying too cool off as i wanted too put his head in a bucket

not much of a m8 m8:RpS_thumbup:

Ive had a few dollops in me lamps in me time - uncomfortable, but fkall like a lime burn:RpS_scared:

:RpS_laugh:

only thing that could have been worse would have been running scalp first into one o them coupling clamps that the cnuts leave 'bolt down' on any cross beams around head height.. :RpS_crying:

I ******* hate them, banged my head so many times on them when rendering.....Remember doing it one time and the site manager seen what happend, he turned round and said "should of had your hat on".....Annoying t**t!

We were rendering a big detached house 2 years ago and got sick of the bolts on the clamps for the braces so shouted down to the lab to chuck a spanner up, as I caught it my hand went backwards and smashed straight onto and end of a pipe, broke my finger and it literally swelled to twice the size, its healed now but for some reason its still swollen more than my other index finger, and no its not a 'fat finger' before jj nisus and casper start lol.Oh and rock, don't mean to be rude but how come you've only got the one mince pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.