other people

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

just got in from looking at job

were another plasterer has done a job and left it not to a good stanadard
how often do others av to put right other peoples work ?

its only a little conservatry but were its all bin dot and dabbed its all on the piss none of its level and looks out big time on the revals just by eye
so the customers asking for it to all be leveled up
just annoying as would be so much easier to do from the start

Not at all really, had a customer mess me about a few years ago and used someone else in the end, the other plasterer fuked it up and I got a call to see if I would quote to rectify.

i politely told him to go and fuk himself.

I used to do it all the time, for a few years we were a rectifying gang on lots of sites, some of it was horrible, hacking off beads and resetting them,told take your time as the plasterer would be docked, not much wrong sometimes with the previous work, few mm out etc.i have re skimmed whole flats where the tape and jointing was bad, lovely jobs,people will pay nicely to cover an embarrassment, today I was going over old render that the done themselves to save paying me, ironic eh..

Havnt done that many. Had a good one last year had to hack of loads in the kitchen that just been floated n set was 30mm out on one wall. Got the rest of the house n some rendering out of it

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Do some now and again. Usually when a builder does a DPC an plastering his self and it's damp again in a couple of months.

Normally they hey use gypsum plaster or render to the floor.

My mate works for a big firm as a patcher 90% of his work he reckons is putting there own lads work right.
Mind you hes as rough as toast himself. Talk about poacher turned gamekeeper! . Lol

Not at all really, had a customer mess me about a few years ago and used someone else in the end, the other plasterer fuked it up and I got a call to see if I would quote to rectify.

i politely told him to go and fuk himself.

Love it when that happens :RpS_laugh:

I put a kitchen right for someone a while back after she tried using someone who was half my hourly rate :RpS_thumbdn: She hasn't learned though because I've just heard that her roof was blown off in the recent high winds and I'm betting that the bloke she used (against my advice) has taken out a brace beam to 'open up the room'. I warned her not to let him do that, I will find out eventually :RpS_sneaky:

quite a few render jobs, we re-did 3 last year. particular acrylic work. we look at some that have been done and the standard of work is piss poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.