Opinions on this plastering job please

MollyPearce

Hello!
I have had my house plastered and I think some of the work is not great. Before I chat to them on Monday would love some feedback.

1) chunks of plaster have dried on my window frames and won’t come off. They even got plaster on my router and smart metre.

2DA6D301-11C3-41F5-891A-FDA0EDF64999.jpeg

C97A7087-669A-4A07-8F19-5C8D8E01E879.jpeg

2) there are ripples on the wall. Not everywhere but in places. If I run my hand over it’s not smooth in some places

92F496C7-5E81-40F7-AAE7-3A80058371B4.jpeg

3) there are many hairline cracks (maybe some a tiny bit deeper). I think this might be normal and given it’s an old house?
91806B83-12F3-429F-B91F-CAD3CDD6BB9E.jpeg

0A330274-5CD5-44A9-A116-7F3F9E8E04A2.jpeg

4) should they have plastered to the floor? They didn’t take some skirting boards off (even though I asked) and now we have taken them off. They have only gone to the edge of the current board not the floor.

5) they got plaster and blue grit all over my light switches some of which I can’t seem to get off

BCA48F8E-0F2C-4C88-BAC7-86FA45648B36.jpeg

0FC85C48-5E2E-4E40-AB0E-CA05E0E4B471.jpeg

B9074C42-53BB-4CBD-A80D-FF1F3AC2B150.jpeg

6) they have left little bits unplastered (e.g, where an old socket was). In hard Angles.

D0747186-20E2-414B-BD52-0C6A5005A13C.jpeg

478B2655-4966-481D-8B59-F445B34317CA.jpeg

I’m concerned as they are going to do my bathroom plastering and have already half fitted my tiles and suite and I’m worried it’ll get covered in plaster.

For example is this marks from the trowel!?
D3034F92-597B-4CEA-8246-084C64BE5B70.jpeg

Any advice welcome or am I just being pedantic

We’ve paid £4000 for three bedrooms (1 big, two small), living room (3.8ft x 4ft), kitchen 3.8ft x 2.8ft) and entrance room (2ft x 3ft).

Molly

Hello!
I have had my house plastered and I think some of the work is not great. Before I chat to them on Monday would love some feedback.

1) chunks of plaster have dried on my window frames and won’t come off. They even got plaster on my router and smart metre.

2DA6D301-11C3-41F5-891A-FDA0EDF64999.jpeg

C97A7087-669A-4A07-8F19-5C8D8E01E879.jpeg

2) there are ripples on the wall. Not everywhere but in places. If I run my hand over it’s not smooth in some places

92F496C7-5E81-40F7-AAE7-3A80058371B4.jpeg

3) there are many hairline cracks (maybe some a tiny bit deeper). I think this might be normal and given it’s an old house?
91806B83-12F3-429F-B91F-CAD3CDD6BB9E.jpeg

0A330274-5CD5-44A9-A116-7F3F9E8E04A2.jpeg

4) should they have plastered to the floor? They didn’t take some skirting boards off (even though I asked) and now we have taken them off. They have only gone to the edge of the current board not the floor.

5) they got plaster and blue grit all over my light switches some of which I can’t seem to get off

BCA48F8E-0F2C-4C88-BAC7-86FA45648B36.jpeg

View attachment 75964

B9074C42-53BB-4CBD-A80D-FF1F3AC2B150.jpeg

6) they have left little bits unplastered (e.g, where an old socket was). In hard Angles.

View attachment 75965
View attachment 75966

I’m concerned as they are going to do my bathroom plastering and have already half fitted my tiles and suite and I’m worried it’ll get covered in plaster.

For example is this marks from the trowel!?
View attachment 75967

Any advice welcome or am I just being pedantic

We’ve paid £4000 for three bedrooms (1 big, two small), living room (3.8ft x 4ft), kitchen 3.8ft x 2.8ft) and entrance room (2ft x 3ft).

Molly
Apart from the bit he misssd by the light switch looks dandy mate

Crap plastering by muppets.There should be no cracks whatever the age of the house, they obviously dont understand blue grit doesn't stop suction.
Unfortunately another case of the gangs of Cowboys pretending to be plasterers and unfortunately the damage is done and your stuck with it!

well mollypearce, price wise you have been ripped off, no plasterer has done that, kick him out do not pay him anything at all, get a plasterer in, where are you based,
important you do all this today, then put it behind you and start again

well mollypearce, price wise you have been ripped off, no plasterer has done that, kick him out do not pay him anything at all, get a plasterer in, where are you based,
That job is completely shite!!
Criminal damage committed again by some chancing rough badgers!

So hector are you saying that £4000 is too expensive to pay a professional skilled plasterer for plastering of 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and entrance hall?? Or just these shithouses?

Dreadful work, absolutely no care taken at all.
All these bad plastering threads contain the same basic errors time after time.
Sockets and switches either plastered into the wall or the plaster around them incomplete.
The Sockets and switches unprotected and covered in plaster.
Skirting and facings left uncleaned/protected.
Wall and ceiling angles poorly executed ie gaps, brush marks, uneven etc.
The wall's and ceiling surfaces covered in trowel marks, water marks, ripples and misses where the coats haven't been closed in properly.
Surface cracks (crazing) due to poor suction control.
These are all basics that any component plasterer wouldn’t leave.

Give him a grand. And tell him to bugger off , or you will call the police ..and report him to trading standards. Who gave you his number.

Dreadful work, absolutely no care taken at all.
All these bad plastering threads contain the same basic errors time after time.
Sockets and switches either plastered into the wall or the plaster around them incomplete.
The Sockets and switches unprotected and covered in plaster.
Skirting and facings left uncleaned/protected.
Wall and ceiling angles poorly executed ie gaps, brush marks, uneven etc.
The wall's and ceiling surfaces covered in trowel marks, water marks, ripples and misses where the coats haven't been closed in properly.
Surface cracks (crazing) due to poor suction control.
These are all basics that any component plasterer wouldn’t leave.
Of all the posts here (some of which have made me laugh, cry, roll my eyes and/or confirmed what I thought ) can I just say thanks as this has been very useful @paulf so thank you for an informative and helpful post back. He’s out the house now and we are discussing options (some legal which I have no issues with doing can I tell you!) . This is my soon to be family home with a 5 month old baby and I’m so upset at the work. After the feedback he’s up sticks and left me with s**t plaster, unsafe stairs (he was meant to be fitting new stairs and said he’d never leave me and the baby with no stairs how stupid am I… ), no bathroom (no one needs to piss right!?). So big thanks Paul.

Hector. A nightmare. I have a 5 month old baby as well. And apart from the plastering he’s upsticks after my fair feedback and left my house in a state. I’m in shock and taking the appropriate action I think we all know is needed. Thanks for you comment.

That job is completely shite!!
Criminal damage committed again by some chancing rough badgers!

So hector are you saying that £4000 is too expensive to pay a professional skilled plasterer for plastering of 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and entrance hall?? Or just these shithouses?
For a good job - that price - no issues and what I thought I was getting. But as you’ve all confirmed to me that’s not what I’ve got. Plastering is a bloody skill!! And I’m so upset at what’s happened. I have a 5 month old and he’s now left my house in such a state I can’t move in (it’s a full Reno). It’s a lot to take in.

Of all the posts here (some of which have made me laugh, cry, roll my eyes and/or confirmed what I thought ) can I just say thanks as this has been very useful @paulf so thank you for an informative and helpful post back. He’s out the house now and we are discussing options (some legal which I have no issues with doing can I tell you!) . This is my soon to be family home with a 5 month old baby and I’m so upset at the work. After the feedback he’s up sticks and left me with s**t plaster, unsafe stairs (he was meant to be fitting new stairs and said he’d never leave me and the baby with no stairs how stupid am I… ), no bathroom (no one needs to piss right!?). So big thanks Paul.
@paulf has turned a corner recently into more of a respectable citizen since he went into partnership with @ChrispyUK

For a good job - that price - no issues and what I thought I was getting. But as you’ve all confirmed to me that’s not what I’ve got. Plastering is a bloody skill!! And I’m so upset at what’s happened. I have a 5 month old and he’s now left my house in such a state I can’t move in (it’s a full Reno). It’s a lot to take in.
What part of the country are you in?

Thank you.
I'm just sorry that you've had to learn the hard way that plastering is a skilled trade and can't be done properly without the required skill and knowledge.
Hopefully if you post your location someone can point you in the direction of an actual plasterer who can carry out the work to the expected standard.
I wish you the best of luck and in time this situation will be just one of life's learning curves.