opinions on future of ewi???

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have never done any iwi, but i would imagine it is a nightmare job!

Depends malc i do quite a bit of it but, luckily almost all are empty properties and the ones that are occupied are generally ok with one room at a time being done.

No I have'nt done it as not interested.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I just assumed you did when you said your were out of the EWI game it sounded like you had been in it...............:RpS_unsure:

every tower block in the country has to have an insulation system to bring it up to the required standard.
there is a lot of work to complete a system, for the amount of work entailed the pay is to low, there is no money left in ewi.
full of eastern europeans. ewi is full of middlemen and other non producers sucking the money off.
there is more money to be made as a domestic plasterer.

And that my friend is how the govt. And the energy companies destroyed my beloved trade. I try to mainly look for two coat stuff now

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

See that jobs are stopping already. Many schemes that had been rubber stamped have now been cancelled. Some half way through won't be completed.

The short is Cameron and his mate from Eton who happens to run centrica (British gas) who advise on industry matters suggested that funding for Ewi should be downgraded and instead used for lofts/boilers etc

The energy cos ain't making the money they had hoped some are losing money hand over fist. BG have wanted out hence the step down. It affects all companies tho.

I personally have never been in favour of the energy cos monopolising our trade. But some firms have invested big and will now seek compensation. Lads will lose jobs etc etc.

Green deal and eco have been shrouded in political sham from the off.

Green deal and Eco been stalled ? Because Cameron bowed to pressure from BG - it was Maggie big mistake to privatise the energy in '80's

The stepping down of the funding for ewi has already kicked in they have moved the money to other measures even though those other measures have no where near the same Effect as Ewi. BG just weren't happy. The other energy companies are kicking off because they have employed large numbers.

Mates are mates I guess

Utilities will go hell for leather to achieve the 25% Carbon quota required by ofgem up to the April deadline ( they will get an allowance of 1.7 t CO for every tonne saved)...........after that they have a leisurely paced 3 yr programme to complete the balance of the 100,000 Ewi units, of which 25% have already been completed.

I might add that carbon is now being traded/auctioned/offered etc at approx £60-70 per tonne......pre xmas £140!

By deduction that will mean job losses, price cuts and many firms, set up for Eco going bust!

BTW, IWI is dead, even more expensive than SW and less efficient.

The stepping down of the funding for ewi has already kicked in they have moved the money to other measures even though those other measures have no where near the same Effect as Ewi. BG just weren't happy. The other energy companies are kicking off because they have employed large numbers.

Mates are mates I guess

BG have 33% of the market and are by far the biggest player, they are the only firm progressing new contracts at attractive rates, as they have underperformed in carbon targets and so are playing catchup

Iwi is dead? What about buildings that cannot have Ewi?

Such as?? Conservation areas? Grade listed? Structural deficient properties? ...................ewi will have a solution to most buildings, just depends on the cost. In any event IWI is not cost effective for the utilities in £/CO trade-off....private installations cost will be borne by the customer and and probably won't attract decent funding

The problem is they have received complaints that there tender value are always higher than the others by a long stretch. But they are probably closer to pricing it right. The others may well be losing money and I know most men are on rubbish rubbish wages. The other energy cos. Should up the rates perhaps.

Energy cos entered the race in the recession when rates were bottomed out and I don't think they have done anything to improve rates.

Anyhow BG were uninterested enough to want to scale back if it was lucrative they would kept at it.

Firms will go bust simple. But then long standing good firms with decades of experience went bust when the energy cos came into the game and the competition got cheap and vast.

i spoke to dryvit rep about job the other day... they are sending a guy from america over to tell them how to do it correctly

I would have thought it would be down to a conservation officer not the client ?

i spoke to dryvit rep about job the other day... they are sending a guy from america over to tell them how to do it correctly

I started out with dryvit years back. "That American guy" done our first approval status and through level 3installer. He is right on.

They even teach you how to rasp, something these newcomers never do or have even heard of probably.

He was over last year upon the launch of their new "social housing" range.

They have no idea of how they cut corners over here

Horburys head office is about a mile down the road, they own Titan ceilings aswell, I haven't worked for them personally, but a lot of lads around here have and they do not stay long, poor rates

Way back I was subbin to horbury I did some offices that were dandara owned.... Few yeas later I was inspected by the tax man and slammed for over 100k unpaid tax. After I submitted all statements books accounts etc and the hmrc did all their investigation it turned up that a company by the name of Titan ceilings had been blowing fake wage bill costs on my utr number....they obviously lifted it from horbury days and used it down the line.
My dad always said to me never trust a Yorkshire man they all bent hahaha

That hospital job in cramlington has been subbed out to a very small subbie from bedlington by horburys they haven't even done it before but they have hired a few lads in that have. I know a fixer on there having loads of problems

That hospital job in cramlington has been subbed out to a very small subbie from bedlington by horburys they haven't even done it before but they have hired a few lads in that have. I know a fixer on there having loads of problems

I pass there nearly everyday and seems very little progress with fitting the EWI. Do you know which company in Bedlington got the job?

good, serves them right for getting in firms that dont know what there doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.