Opinion on exterior cracks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolaboola12

Hi Everyone

I am buying an unfinshed house that been unlived in since it was built in 2008. THe house is very dry inside it and an engineer survey was very encouraging in that he didnt see any issues or "excessive cracking"

There are cracks on the plaster on the front of the house, engineer reckons that the house wont have to go through any further winters being unkempt etc and i should just let the cracks dry out and paint in the summer should fill them up

Now i would just like other peoples opinions please as i know nothing about building

Should i get the builder to fill these when he is finishing the house for me ? Or should i just paint in the summer and see how it looks then

I have attached photos to an album called pics and would really appreciate any comments

Attachments

• IMG_0510[1].jpg
    IMG_0510[1].jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0511[1].jpg
    IMG_0511[1].jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0516[1].jpg
    IMG_0516[1].jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0517[1].jpg
    IMG_0517[1].jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 286
From what I can see it has never been painted is this the case?? It looks like very fine cracks as long as nothing has blown and it's all on solid a good quality wethershield paint should do the trick :RpS_thumbup:

Ah, patent reveals, most probably an Irish house so the sand will be quite coarse which is a good thing. Hacking off and re rendering will cost a fortune. The render is most probably sponge finished so any attempt at filling will look absolutly terrible. Provided it's not badly blown (bosed in Ireland) it's worth spending a grand on painting and see how you get on :RpS_thumbup:

Ah, patent reveals, most probably an Irish house so the sand will be quite coarse which is a good thing. Hacking off and re rendering will cost a fortune. The render is most probably sponge finished so any attempt at filling will look absolutly terrible. Provided it's not badly blown (bosed in Ireland) it's worth spending a grand on painting and see how you get on :RpS_thumbup:
What's patent reveals ,Eddie never heard this expression is it an Irish terminology

The finish looks good enough, if your engineer is happy don't worry about it, lick of paint and it will come up well

Status
Not open for further replies.