Opinion of plastering job, please

Nail on the head

3393377E-0BDD-4F9F-8A25-B28C17366CCF.jpeg

That’s exactly my point. Only weirdos like me care how it looks dry.

How it paints is all that matters
I can guarantee you wouldn't cut a bead to short and use it, plaster in the light switch, leave so many cats faces you could open a cattery.

Over troweling is only the jumping off point of how rubbish that job is. Will it sand? Yes.
Can you fill imperfections? Yes.
Can you paint it? Yes.
Is this what you get for £200? Yes.

Never have to sand it or anything, but mine always looks a bit patchy when it dries. I do get a bit baffled by people who care about that.

Your not wrong didn't learn to read & write until an adult, I do enjoy a drink at the weekend!

BUT.....I'm still not a F*****g caretaker!!!!
Well no. You don't have the experience to do my job do you?

Don't feel too bad about it.

200 quid f**k**g bargain.
Fact is that will probably paint fine and the rough bits want some sand and fill. Couple of hours work if that.
Steel troweled to death he must have been sweating the lad. Shine a light down it let's see how good it looks with a harsh light

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: sorry.... 2.38 meter by 2.64 meter :)

There we go.

Anyway the rooms rough.
Can't even relate to work like that, but then again I'm never going near £200

Thanks for posting, and pics too, I really appreciate it.

Now when a customer phones me and says I can get it done for £200, I can say to them knock yourself out.

None of your job is unsalvageable, just going to take a bit of work to get it right.

Its not something I'm burdened by, just nice to see a consistent finish to show your process is sound.

The way I see it, fat's for spreading. If sometimes you need it a bit more than others, then it's really no big deal so long as all ends up flat.

The way I see it, fat's for spreading. If sometimes you need it a bit more than others, then it's really no big deal so long as all ends up flat.

That's because your not a plasterer that's been taught by a plasterer who was taught by a plasterer etc etc etc.

Know 3rd generation care takers there a different animal!!!

Multi now you don't want to pull fat out of it. Get it on in two thin coats make sure you've closed in both coats and little bit of water to keep the trowel lubricated. Thing is when I was serving my time we used much more water than we do now.

That's because your not a plasterer that's been taught by a plasterer who was taught by a plasterer etc etc etc.

Know 3rd generation care takers there a different animal!!!

I've never once claimed to be a plasterer. I'm an odd job man and occasional small building contractor who leans towards plastering before anything else.

Thanks Stevieo! Yes, we don't know anything about it, so would of been happy to receive any recommendation he said. We just bought the house took wallpaper off, radiators and the old vent cover, so
He was the first professional we had in the house, at first he looked at it and said 230 then we said we will let him know (as we wanted another quote) , then he said he will do it for 200 as he had an opening for a couple days later... Learnt from our mistake.
It was a small bedroom with carpet for previous owner, I am planning to put down laminate floor and make it into an office. Do you think I will have damp problem??
Ok, I think Stevio has a point, I apologise for my rant. 2 days in a Rally field getting drunk and not sleeping must have affected my judgment somehow. Still, lessons learnt and you've had some good advice from others. You often get a cold external corner in bedrooms on older buildings which causes condensation, and the vent just makes it worse. As Tiny Tom suggests, block it up, use the windows to ventilate, and see.

Mate don't put yourself down your a caretaker! & a bloody good un!!!!!

Thread closed!!!
Ok, I think Stevio has a point, I apologise for my rant. 2 days in a Rally field getting drunk and not sleeping must have affected my judgment somehow. Still, lessons learnt and you've had some good advice from others. You often get a cold external corner in bedrooms on older buildings which causes condensation, and the vent just makes it worse. As Tiny Tom suggests, block it up, use the windows to ventilate, and see.

And use mould paint.