Opinion of plastering job, please

Members online

Kamilla

Hi All,

I would like to ask for your advise, we had a plasterer to skim a small room (all walls and ceiling) and I am not sure if it is all good, but I don't want to complaint unless I am right, maybe it is just not what I expected.
The walls are smooth, but we have removed the skirting boards for him and the square ventilator so he can work easily.
The wall wasn't in a good condition behind the skirting boards, but he hasn't touched it at all.
Where we removed the old ventilator, the wall was crumbling around it. He has done some touch up but I bought a new plastic standard size ventilator and it doesn't cover the whole around it. (Also it isn't square).
Also, he has used those metal corner "things" (sorry don't know what it is called) but in one place around the window, where you can actually see it straight away, I think he didn't cut it properly as it has left a not nice looking gap.
Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla

Attachments

• IMG_7763.jpg
    IMG_7763.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 366
  • IMG_7760.jpg
    IMG_7760.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
  • IMG_7762.jpg
    IMG_7762.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7761.jpg
    IMG_7761.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_7764.jpg
    IMG_7764.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG_7759.jpg
    IMG_7759.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 337
metal thingy maybe clout nailed and loose when skimmed.
does anyone else pull off small pvc window trims and skim right up to window or just me?

Hi All,

I would like to ask for your advise, we had a plasterer to skim a small room (all walls and ceiling) and I am not sure if it is all good, but I don't want to complaint unless I am right, maybe it is just not what I expected.
The walls are smooth, but we have removed the skirting boards for him and the square ventilator so he can work easily.
The wall wasn't in a good condition behind the skirting boards, but he hasn't touched it at all.
Where we removed the old ventilator, the wall was crumbling around it. He has done some touch up but I bought a new plastic standard size ventilator and it doesn't cover the whole around it. (Also it isn't square).
Also, he has used those metal corner "things" (sorry don't know what it is called) but in one place around the window, where you can actually see it straight away, I think he didn't cut it properly as it has left a not nice looking gap.
Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
U should of called the Birmingham plasterer that’s rite up his street going over old toss like that

• Funny
Reactions: Djr
, we had a plasterer

No you didn't.

It's a load of old wank. Don't bother complaining, cut your losses and get someone off here to come out and do it again.

Even if your guy comes back, which he won't, he can't plaster anyway, so it will be another load of old wank.

All that's in store for you is a series of increasingly irate phone calls, I'm sorry to say.

Hi All,

Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
Ffs How many times are we going to see rubbish, shitty work like this?? Was he cheap? Did he come recommended? Where are you based??

Hi All,

Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
Good decorator Will get that! :whistle::rayos::LOL:

Hi All,

Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
You should say if your removing things just incase the plasterer needs to bring a bag of bonding or render to touch up. The vent looks blocked up any way. But it’s a s**t job any way.

Hi All,

Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
Awful job

Hi All,

Am I being picky?

Thank you, Kamilla
terrible end of

Very small sections of the job...doesn't look great but could be 2% wank 98% ok. I hate these posts as seen loads where Lads are crucified with 1% of a job shown on close up photos

Very small sections of the job...doesn't look great but could be 2% wank 98% ok. I hate these posts as seen loads where Lads are crucified with 1% of a job shown on close up photos
Enough to know/see that that's not how it should look. The bead picture alone is terrible.

You can see clearly from the pictures that whoever's done that is no plasterer. There's holes by the side of the bead, a big hollow on the reveal, not cleaned the bead up, and water marks all over it. There's no pride in that work and even less skill.