One coating on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bud was just dipping the sponge in water, do you wet the wall down first? Was using my hawk for the fat as you said before much better than cleaning the trowel off after every other pass..

you can do that mate you might find it cleaner using a garden sprayer, get a big ******* the types you strap to you're back, me and my mate used to wet the sponge once and go over the whole set on smaller set we used to call it dry sponging and seemed to go off a bit quicket

I don't agree with that I know of bigger firms that keep shite spreads going because there fast and send in patcher a behind them to sort it out. It's all very well everyone saying if the price is crap dont do it but the problem being is there's plenty that will. So what do you do sit at home and be a martyr or go to work and be able to pay the bills. Rates in the north west are shocking at present a fairly big sized outfit went under in February as due to overheads they can't compete with what others are going in at
It is bad out there, London is always better to work in than the rest of the country, more money pumped in but then its more expensive to live in...

I don't agree with that I know of bigger firms that keep shite spreads going because there fast and send in patcher a behind them to sort it out. It's all very well everyone saying if the price is crap dont do it but the problem being is there's plenty that will. So what do you do sit at home and be a martyr or go to work and be able to pay the bills. Rates in the north west are shocking at present a fairly big sized outfit went under in February as due to overheads they can't compete with what others are going in at
Who was that?

Top bloke phil i worked for him a few times, sad.

Him, Geoff and Neil were all sound I've done a fair bit for them in the past, the banks pulled the plug on there finance in jan and they went pop. The rates were never the best there but your money was there every week no problem. There's loads of firms about now were shafting the lads seems to be part of there normal procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.