One coat

Members online

I know i'm old school but, allways one coat, two layers , bottom layer pulls in top layer thats way i was taught, thats what i still do using 13inch marshall town .

I know i'm old school but, allways one coat, two layers , bottom layer pulls in top layer thats way i was taught, thats what i still do using 13inch marshall town .
download.jpg

the constant search for perfection plays havoc with me :D
Worked at a blind school they wanted walls that were roughly finished as a sensory feature. Strange trying to do what would look like terrible work. Total plastering OCD.

I remember in the 80s they brought out a finish plaster specifically for one coat think it was called Vinear Finish, horrible stuff had to let really pick up before troweling , very little water or it would slide to the floor, don't think it lasted too long,

No
No we don't, just coat first coat nice and flat. Why waste energy Trowelling in first coat. Coat it as if its your second coat and when putting second coat on again as flat as possible almost like its being closed in, makes your Trowelling a lot easier.

Spot on Simon.

Do all the hard work of this job at the application stage.makes the rest of the process much easier.

I'm not trying to cut corners m8 I always try my best and if it works and the quality is good y not you have to move whith times. and the trouble whith some people they don't like to try.i get your point it does look a bit stupid one coat system. So you have tried and it not any faster then??
Skimming is a 2 coat system ring gypsum and ask them ,1 coat does cut corners it's not about moving with the times it's about doing it right ,I'm 28 years on the tools and always 2 coat I remember when plasterers took great pride in there work it seems to me now it's get in get out as fast as you can sad but true

Skimming is a 2 coat system ring gypsum and ask them ,1 coat does cut corners it's not about moving with the times it's about doing it right ,I'm 28 years on the tools and always 2 coat I remember when plasterers took great pride in there work it seems to me now it's get in get out as fast as you can sad but true
Well some one on this topic has seen a one coat finish. And as he said the finish was spot on unless he needs a visit to specssavers

That feeling though when you lay in a tight coat and feel it simultaneously flattening the first

You one coat monkeys won’t ever feel that

It can be done ..........but only by a jedi. Its not cuttting corners it a no brainer if you can do less work to same standard for same money . I just cant seem to do it and when i doit just seems to take as long as 2 coats.

It can be done ..........but only by a jedi. Its not cuttting corners it a no brainer if you can do less work to same standard for same money . I just cant seem to do it and when i doit just seems to take as long as 2 coats.

Handful of dot mate that’s the secret

That it m8 if you can master something that that but I think if you are taught two coat that the way but sometimes if you can make life easier for your self go for it y stand when you can sit

I two coat the majority of the time, sometimes one coat. Sometimes flatten first coat, sometimes not. Last week I flattened first coat twice because the walls were awful. I dont think it matters what your method is as long as you’ve prepped right and your finish is good. If you’re normally going over different backgrounds you probably adjust your method accordingly

Anybody ere wanted to one coat I think in that thread loads of info for n against I bet u thrown your s*p*r*lex away nah

Made me more eager to prove the fuuckers wrong lol...had to skim these before leaving site to pick up my little Esme first day at school.
1.5 hours 30m..left them wet as f**k.
Could of done with another trowel.
But better than the over boarded ceilings on the other thread lol
IMG_20180906_142341.jpg
IMG_20180906_142323.jpg
IMG_20180906_142329.jpg

Made me more eager to prove the fuuckers wrong lol...had to skim these before leaving site to pick up my little Esme first day at school.
1.5 hours 30m..left them wet as f**k.
Could of done with another trowel.
But better than the over boarded ceilings on the other thread lol
View attachment 26010View attachment 26012View attachment 26013
I know that you're only a thick spread like most of us on here mate, but I'm fairly sure that 1.5 hours and 30 minutes makes 2 hours? Best ask @Gibbo seeing as he does his own accounts.

I remember in the 80s they brought out a finish plaster specifically for one coat think it was called Vinear Finish, horrible stuff had to let really pick up before troweling , very little water or it would slide to the floor, don't think it lasted too long,
I remember that s**t