one coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Tried my refina spat today on a living room overskim. Ceiling skimmed over artex only used it for flattening coats then used the plastic to finish off. Wanst confident enought to try to use it for finishing but job turned out ok. Wall pic shows a wall which we one coated on the reskim then hit it straight away with the plastic. Finish was really good. JUst as good as any two coat work i have previously done.

pics attached

Attachments

• boot 031.jpg
    boot 031.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 264
  • boot 038.jpg
    boot 038.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 299
Tidy nice job there Windy especially on artex we did a hsl over artex today but we had to bond it all out first, it was a nightmare nothing was going right hardly had space to swing a cat and it took 4 wet trowels to get it in i was glad to finish today as the house also had a nice odour of dog :-0

Fair point TBH it was moulded into the ceiling so we would have dropped it. Looks worse on the pic than it did on the job.

Discovered from an old spread who has been sponging for yrs he uses a medium course car sponge. Tried it today but only on the misses in the late stages of trowelling up. You can use it quite firm at this stage and follow on with plazzy. Whole bloody walls was faultless wkith not a dink or miss in site. A lot easier to keep clean than the refina sponges as you can just lob it in a bucket of water. Cheaper too :RpS_thumbup:

Get one and give it a go tommorow.

Sorry for confusion, no ceiling got two coats of multi as per usual and was using the spat.

Walls were flat plaster and the walls got one coat after good good coats of pva.

looks alright too but it's still only one coat.

How many millimetres of skim is there on the wall? Would you one coat your own walls?

I been using a Refina spatula on skiming for a while now use it after first trowel to give it a cross one then polish it up once with it leaves it flat as f**k and like glass. Especially nice over skiming on hardwall with a bit of water.

No not yet but i have a spat dont rate em on the troweling up. Gonna get a plastic trowel though probably a refina s*p*r*lex as i alreadt have the midget trowel

I did 50 m today no record breaking 2 small sets started at 9 after beading scrumming water blah blah I was one the road at half 1 I dabbed 1 small window wall tacked a small wall and gyp bonded a wall too I ******* love my sponge

Status
Not open for further replies.