one coat skim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp

Hi all,

Been plastering quite a while had a long time off and come back to it. Doing a job at moment and wanted to experiment with different method. I have always 2 coated and just used 13 inch trowel and 18 to flatten then back to 13 and used brush.
whats got me thinking about changing is all these new products plastic trowels,steel flexi trowels etc.
I saw someone years ago doing one coat and his work was top notch.
What is the exact technique? would you use a boardskim straight after wall coated sponge then plastic or spatula. I don't want to be a ludite. As long as customer happy i'll cut corners. Because there doesn't seem to be same money in it nowadays. Also is multi or board better for sponge and what size refina flexible steel spatula and speedskim or flexible steel trowel to get. Thanks

Board finish on to board.

1200 speedskim
32" s*p*r*lex spat
Medium to fine sponge float and hoselock water bottle to wet surface

Wasn't a method statement just a shopping list. You could add a pláži trowel as well 24" is nice

think i've got that 16 inch plastic refina, got it yesterday. Method info. be good or video link. Thanks

Ill sort some better method vids in the next month got a nice job with big rooms so the camera work will be easyer

2 coat on reskims, it would look ruff as feck otherwise and every thing gets a sponge now a days

Status
Not open for further replies.