one coat render over old!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from a previous post.
I have a customer that wants a nice finish over some old rough rendering. They are real scrooges and hate the mess so hacking it off isnt really an option so have been told to try a one coat finishing system over the top.
I have no experience using this so can anybody recommend a cheap brand and the right procedure please.
Thanks in advance

Problems with this job as you say are:
Wants nice finish Cheap brand.
Over old rough render.
Don't want to hack off.

You see the problem. If your busy yell em to forget it, otherwise its a parinter or hpx type base, mesh, pins, finishing product. Not a one coat

Cheapest job if it's solid, is sbr prime it,day before, then get silver sand,sbr scud it,then apply a coat of render silver sand and cement 5/1 .

We have one Monday,first floor above extension,they want it smooth rendered,trouble is they don't want it thicker than the two either side,leaving Me 10mm over old stocks, I have got it sbrprimed but I don't like it but I will do it somehow

Yeh i was along the same lines. I would forget it if it was anyone else to be honest but i get alot of work through friends of theirs etc. I may stop bead it on the sides then grind a scratch out and whack a top over it. Obvs abit of sbr on first. Will the old paint affect it atall or just give it plenty of key?

Ah paint,now that depends on the paint, very hard to say,if it wasn't for friends I'd say swerve,definitely imprint their is no guarantee ,unless you eml it etc etc

They painted it themselves with sandtex. I know that because they asked me to paint the new render i have done with it so it matched. Sandtex may help with grip surely. But i will grind the balls out of it

They painted it themselves with sandtex. I know that because they asked me to paint the new render i have done with it so it matched. Sandtex may help with grip surely. But i will grind the balls out of it

Sandtex will deffo not help with grip. Its there to repel not attract. The fact it is a decent masonry paint makes bond even harder to achieve.

You should look at parinter by Parex. It is used for painted renders in "sound" condition. Use with mesh then you can finish with monocouche render or acrylic. I would choose acrylic finish as its thin and light weight as there is already render on the wall I am not a fan of putting more heavy thick render over the top

Cheapest job if it's solid, is sbr prime it,day before, then get silver sand,sbr scud it,then apply a coat of render silver sand and cement 5/1 .

it just reads like the silver sand is for the scud as you mentioned silver sand again for the render

Yeh scratched it bud. Had the grinder on it for half a shift and scratched it in the afternoon. Topped out next day. Job done

Status
Not open for further replies.