one coat plaster?????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jestevenson

I have just started a new contract with an electrical firm going round and patching in after a re-wire (on social housing projects) i have been bonding and setting it as i normely would but the i am being told by the boss man i am making "to good a job" of it and its more about getting in and getting as much done as quickly as possible. As i have to go round bonding the chases waiting for it to go off then finishing them i was thinking of using (for the firsts time) one coat plaster from wickes has anyone used it before for the same kind of job? any good? opinions please?

It's ok to use actually, finishes a bit sandy compared to mf but its ok really, why not dope up the bonding with cement .

I've used thistle universal one coat for chases etc,ideal for it:RpS_thumbup:eek:r some lime thru you bonding, sets quicker. Try the one coat mate,defo saves time doin the job your describing:RpS_thumbup:

To help you go faster put some cement powder in with the bonding when mixing it. It will go off a lot faster ready for the skimming. It depends on how much cement you put in, the more the faster it will set.

Does it not shrink ?
No spunky,a good soak of pva,fill out chases etc
When its taken up a bit,tidy it up flatten it. Then just when its really taken up get the sponge on it!! YES THE SPONGE!!!! Brings up some cream then final trowel, Matt finish:RpS_thumbup:

Eeeekk working for a sparky firm!! Bad enough as it is without doing chases all day long where they haven't bothered tacking the wires back!! The amount of times I've had to tack them back with clouts is unreal..

from the sounds of it it's not an issue of the bonding not going off fast enough..
One coat would defo save time haven't used any so can't comment really lol

what a useless post that was :RpS_laugh:

Years ago on similar contracts we would just mix half and half for small chases and browning in the bigger ones. when i say half and half i mean half finish and half browning worked a treat. just rub with a sponge once it has picked up enough and trowel off. That said one coat plaster would work just the same and you finish it the same way with a sponge and trowel up.

One coat finish will work a treat, i had this problem but i was doing them to quick and not having any work to go to in the afternoon. Mixing bonding and finish together put the full rewire on and trowel it all up with a sponge float ect. Wouldnt do it like this on private jobs tho just on the kitchens and bathroom sites where they get re wall papered and tiled. Dont forget to strip the wall paper back 6 inches either side lol, i hated that line of work with a passion :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.