On top of old multi...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRISW1888

Went to look at a job the other day, its a small loft conversion, slanted ceilings, window etc. Its already been plastered by the previous owner of the house (F*****g mess) lol. The angle beads and the plastering is rough. Anyway im thinkin about 2 coats of pva and skimming with 2 coats of multi straight over. Or would I be better using something else other than pva?? also these walls have had a few coats of paint which looks quite fresh.

I'd just Pva. Dry out. Pva again and m/f as normal. Nothing hard and fast it's just a re skim. Or over skim depending where your from

Cheers for the reply m8. pva it is then! Only ever use pva maself even on artex. Reskim buddy, scottish ;)

Hang on what kind of paint is it cos if it is a silk or vinyl I would recommend using cementone stabilizing primer or equivalent but not thistle bond it unless you want a banging head ache.

Personally Id rather grit it out ... no hassle with the temp or suction and you wont be chasing yourself ... turn up after prepping and mix up :RpS_thumbup:

do a test panel, go the night before pva a section and see how it drys ....... if it goes nice and tacky you are reet if it doesnt want to dry , grit it..... simples...

Went to look at a job the other day, its a small loft conversion, slanted ceilings, window etc. Its already been plastered by the previous owner of the house (F*****g mess) lol. The angle beads and the plastering is rough. Anyway im thinkin about 2 coats of pva and skimming with 2 coats of multi straight over. Or would I be better using something else other than pva?? also these walls have had a few coats of paint which looks quite fresh.
might not be multi?? Might be boardie..:RpS_scared:.......

id get it tested mate before we go any further on this:RpS_biggrin:

Its emulsion paint @Priceplastering... Ill give it a test the night before as brimplas1 mentioned. So its either a pva or a grit job. Cheers folks

Last edited by a moderator:
The jobs local aswell so its ideal to pop in the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.