On a serious note

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
There have been so many references to speedskims being glorified cavityclosers on here. I do own a speedskim but have really only used it for ruling backing coats.

my question is does anyone actually use a cavity closer or seem one used on site? If so what results did u get

I am sure @essexandy said ages ago about using them on skim. Something about getting ceiling lines straight said been doing it for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate tried one when he saw my speedskim. Exactly the same although it did need a bit of pruning. Some fine wet and dry.

I tried using it for closing in backing coats but ive got a h section now and that does just as good a job.

one of my sons use a cavitycloser, about 3ft long, to flattern in his first coat of set. it works ok.
his gang do put their first coat on thicker then what i would.

It is a cavity closer with a shiny handle seen a bloke who worked for robert e lee use one phish

Lol spunky the reference to an awning was a metaphor you dick. You could live in Buckingham palace for all I care your still a gypo scrote

No im in my nicely presented 3 bedroomed semi detached with my lovely wife and 3 children

you just read that in a estate agents window lol there not your kids are they? thought you was looking after them for their dad lol

It is a cavity closer with a shiny handle seen a bloke who worked for robert e lee use one phish

robert e lee is building a block of flats, that he is subbing from some developer in colchester garrison .

Windy ... with respect mate. You should not be using a piece of plastic to rule off with. You need to rule off with derby or a featheredge. If you don't believe me then put a straightedge over whatever you been ruling with a speedskim and you'll see for yourself.

They're alright for closing in once you have straightened your work, less drag.

Danny but if your working with fresh muck and ruling often you wont get any drag because the stuff is nice. If your getting the whole wall on then thats not going to rule up sweet .... :)

I'm talking more about bonding and renders..

You're right, there's no point if you're devil floating.

They're alright for closing in once you have straightened your work, less drag.

I'm talking more about bonding and renders..

You're right, there's no point if you're devil floating.

Anyone that knows what they're doing with a featheredge will close it in bonding or render just as easily as using a speedskim/cavity closer. Why anyone would put their featheredge down to pick up the other tool is...........well a tool.

Anyone that knows what they're doing with a featheredge will close it in bonding or render just as easily as using a speedskim/cavity closer. Why anyone would put their featheredge down to pick up the other tool is...........well a tool.

:RpS_lol: There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Couple of instances where i might use mine. Bonding over artex. After the serrated edge on mono, mist of water and close in.

No-ones saying it's the answer to everything, but it does have a place in my van.

I can't understand why everyone gets so arsey about these things. :RpS_confused:

Couple of instances where i might use mine. Bonding over artex. After the serrated edge on mono, mist of water and close in.

No-ones saying it's the answer to everything, but it does have a place in my van.

I can't understand why everyone gets so arsey about these things. :RpS_confused:
its because of the million different ways to plaster... and everyone's way is right .....to them !!

because its overhyped shite

TaSW5E5.png

coincidence????

Its good on reskims over uneven walls.

As has been said it has its place. When I use mine I'm always surprised at the time it saves me.

It doesn't save you time unless you've got a big set on which if you do on domestics well done but I doubt it and even then they tear the **** out of it, youre better off with an eze spat or refina and if you think it saves time flattening before the first coats on the turn you might Sewell use a trowel to flatten

Status
Not open for further replies.