OMFG!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as there are mugs about (and there's always plenty of mugs) people like this will make money. sad but true..

It can be done oasis. I am a self taught plasterer. Although i dont consider myself a plasterer it is something i do for a living. All i did was buy a trowel, a hawk, a bucket trowel, a couple of buckets and a bag of finish. I did one wall in my house, then another, and another.. I had no intention of doing this for a living. I was asked by many friends to do work at there house but i always said no as it was just something i did for myself. Then a plasterer friend of mine looked at my work and said if i carry on ill make him look like a kunt. I was never confident enough to do work for anyonelse but the more people asked the more my confidence built up. I now work for developers, builders, glazing firms and basically work from recommendation.
I still feel lucky to be doing what im doing even though this is not my chosen career.

rich thought your work looked tidy on ur site but if thats your work practices then maybe not i was taught as an apprentice and thats how we did sorry if i wont lower my standards as low as others

chunky and madmonk, why dont you flash out and buy the "masterplastering" dvd as advertised above ... its never to late to learn !!
[/quote]

awww I am sorry chunky was only having the crack ...

Wet angles are just part of life now mate, I dont choose to do them but when you have to you have to !

Rich

islandview so you picked up a trowel an went from there or have you got a load of dvds under the bed or did you go and do a five day course
im asking you all as im thinking of doing one are they werth it or not im a plasterer but you can get more skills right (gold trowel) is it a good thort or are all the kids there hell bent on fuching it for all of us ??? 5 day course but what can i get from it and as for funding do probation help dont you know all us plasterers are cons hahaha when i went to probation last week they said if i can reskim a kichen and i said lock me up as im not shiming for nothing kiss my arse......... ps how much is the course

you just have to be a bit neater when you work, If I am being honest I think that quite often you get a better angle with it being wet on wet as it doesnt have time to dry on the edge etc etc

rich

hello walltowall.
Like i had said, i never intended on making a career in plastering therfore i didnt buy any dvd's or go on any courses. I listened to a few plasterers talking in the local pub and did some research on ebuild, before the plastering section was deleted.

walltowall said:
islandview so you picked up a trowel an went from there or have you got a load of dvds under the bed or did you go and do a five day course
im asking you all as im thinking of doing one are they werth it or not im a plasterer but you can get more skills right (gold trowel) is it a good thort or are all the kids there hell bent on fuching it for all of us ??? 5 day course but what can i get from it and as for funding do probation help dont you know all us plasterers are cons hahaha when i went to probation last week they said if i can reskim a kichen and i said lock me up as im not shiming for nothing kiss my arse......... ps how much is the course

fort u was 7 years in?

just checking out that silly video noticed the little umpa lumpa guy doing it has elbow support on any body notice.then noticed that in the post big trowels guy says he has knackered elbows.same guy i thought was joking around claimed to start masterplastering.check out pippsy 333 youtube and the same ridiculose video is their.is this the guy selling this nonsence that floor to wall purchased.little bit naughty if its somebody of the forum.then i may have over active imagination. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.