Old v new

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi just looking for some advice I pricing a job this week it's an extension & the existing house has the top half rendered I've got to match the extension the same as & I want to try the bagged s/c rather than traditional s/c sick of it taking hours to go in so u can run it up
1: is there a product that you can just leave a sponge finish so can be painted with normal exterior paint
2: can it be done in 1 coat or will it need a scratch coat it's going on to concrete blockwork

hi just looking for some advice I pricing a job this week it's an extension & the existing house has the top half rendered I've got to match the extension the same as & I want to try the bagged s/c rather than traditional s/c sick of it taking hours to go in so u can run it up
1: is there a product that you can just leave a sponge finish so can be painted with normal exterior paint
2: can it be done in 1 coat or will it need a scratch coat it's going on to concrete blockwork
Thanks for any advice will be much appreciated

Weber ocr is what you want finish the same method as you would if using traditional sand and cement , no need for scratch coat and goes off quicker than normal sand and cement

R
Weber ocr is what you want finish the same method as you would if using traditional sand and cement , no need for scratch coat and goes off quicker than normal sand and cement
Rubs up nice does that Webber ocr..did a druggie and alcholic hostel in York all party walls were Webber ocr but we had scratch coat on spec

Traditional sand and cement Is miles cheaper tho so u mite lose job unless its a small area?

Yeah I no trad is miles cheaper but just want to use something that does what it says on the tin! Any idea on cost per bag & m2 a bag does @ say 10-12mm nice 1 for replies

Prices differ for Weber oocr around the Country. You will need to find your local Weber stockist and ask.

1 m2 a bag at 10mm. Get a bag or two extra just in case.

you do have control with basic sand , cement and lime if you mix it to your requirements.

Just seems to hang forever unless it's a nice hot day done a traditional s/c last October was only 25 m2 I scratched it on the Monday top coated on the Thursday had it on for 10 am & was rubbing up at 430 done my bloody head in swore I wouldn't use trad again & now this jobs come up thought I'll try some of the new stuff I no it's gonna cost a lot more but hey ho I wanna give it a go

Just seems to hang forever unless it's a nice hot day done a traditional s/c last October was only 25 m2 I scratched it on the Monday top coated on the Thursday had it on for 10 am & was rubbing up at 430 done my bloody head in swore I wouldn't use trad again & now this jobs come up thought I'll try some of the new stuff I no it's gonna cost a lot more but hey ho I wanna give it a go
Put accelarator in ur mix..be sure to go easy with accelarator on first few mixes as top n middle seem to kick in its bottom that takes forever as its all water in gear making its way down so bang plenty in ur final few mixes..if it ain't a big job u shud be ok in pricing ocr but if its a big 1 do u reckon ull get it as it will cost alot more..weve got a s&c in few weeks..not a fan myself but gets me off boarding and skimming for a week

Put accelarator in ur mix..be sure to go easy with accelarator on first few mixes as top n middle seem to kick in its bottom that takes forever as its all water in gear making its way down so bang plenty in ur final few mixes..if it ain't a big job u shud be ok in pricing ocr but if its a big 1 do u reckon ull get it as it will cost alot more..weve got a s&c in few weeks..not a fan myself but gets me off boarding and skimming for a week
Tried that accelerator years ago didn't like it dries to patchy the jobs about 45-50m2 probly have a bell round tomoz & get price per bag now that I no that 1 bag =1 m2 I can budget it in will ocr weber take straight over blockwork or do I need to pva/grit s**t...cheers

cut out the feb mix.

Tried that accelerator years ago didn't like it dries to patchy the jobs about 45-50m2 probly have a bell round tomoz & get price per bag now that I no that 1 bag =1 m2 I can budget it in will ocr weber take straight over blockwork or do I need to pva/grit s**t...cheers
Me personally would give it a scratch coat but each to there own..if its 40/50m2 it shud only take a couple of hours to put that on its f**k all..to b on safe side but its ur job

Status
Not open for further replies.