Old legend

Members online

I need to plaster at 70 I would feel like I had failed :)

I cant wait to retire

I won't be retiring, just doing something different 'change is as good as rest'. I might take up plastering? With a bit of practical training from @Nisus and one of those bold trowel courses I'll be good to go.

I love every minute of it nothing nicer than an empty house get the radio on etc MAGIC
Exactly my point! If you enjoy what you do now you will at 70 too, unless you hate what you do now, but then why continue doing it?
I listen to magic in the van , love the ronan / harriet team , the guy brought life to the show.
Arrow is great when throwing s**t around!

I knew two joiners in lancs that worked well into their 80s in workshop one even made his own coffin and had it on the shelving under blankets maybe cast 1 in plaster someday ha ha
I knew the two joiner he had a daughter worked nhs

Funny how things change .I hated kiss radio 20 years ago. But I've been listening to it for last year .loving it . And as far as work goes we will work til we drop because we can't afford not to that's the reality .xx you bunch of knob jockeys.I'm going in my log cabin to get pissed.

My garden pub

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_204111259.jpg
    IMG_20190720_204111259.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 255
years ago my life was on the line. i needed a complicated heart op. i was determined to return to good health. now i feel good and i enjoy my life.
I had heart attack 16 years ago was told after it ihad only 6 minutes to live but some doctor took the right measures and and sorted a blood clot somewhere

I had heart attack 16 years ago was told after it ihad only 6 minutes to live but some doctor took the right measures and and sorted a blood clot somewhere

you are taking an asprin every day now to stop your blood from clotting ?

yes plus 6 more things /cholesterol cause the problem

i got by for 17 years on tablets. but then cold or very hot weather would affect me.
i had a couple of tiny heart attacks, only lasting for 1 min. then every thing back to normal. i complained to my GP. he sent me for an anger gram, i needed a bypass.
i had a quad by pass.
i had damaged the front of my heart , so a prof. at St Barts done my bypass from the back of the heart, a lot more difficult as he had to stop my heart for several hours. i am also a rare blood group so he had to order the blood for me.
i had 4 surgeons op. on my heart at the same time to give me the best chance of success. the heart can not be stopped for more then 5 hours, as the person would have a stroke and die.

i got by for 17 years on tablets. but then cold or very hot weather would affect me.
i had a couple of tiny heart attacks, only lasting for 1 min. then every thing back to normal. i complained to my GP. he sent me for an anger gram, i needed a bypass.
i had a quad by pass.
i had damaged the front of my heart , so a prof. at St Barts done my bypass from the back of the heart, a lot more difficult as he had to stop my heart for several hours. i am also a rare blood group so he had to order the blood for me.
i had 4 surgeons op. on my heart at the same time to give me the best chance of success. the heart can not be stopped for more then 5 hours, as the person would have a stroke and die.
you have my greatest respect malc you shouldn't be plastering at your age you should get mobilitly car and the big money that comes with it or maybe like me to proud to ask don't over do it mate

mobility car ? i drive a jaguar sports car, i am fit and i feel very good.
when I said mobility car I meant something like Vauxhall mocka or similar not the tiny blue things the old guys used to go to football matches in

when I said mobility car I meant something like Vauxhall mocka or similar not the tiny blue things the old guys used to go to football matches in

I remember going to watch Ipswich at Poorman road. there was an area set aside for the invalid cars, the little blue Bond 3 wheeler cars.
that was when the government thought if you had an arm or a leg off, you may as well have a car with a wheel off !

Your lucky malc. My brother in-law was called malc he dropped dead at 40 from the fags . Coriner. Docter .said his heart was knackered . He was working with me couple days before . Good on ya keep buggering on.

I remember going to watch Ipswich at Poorman road. there was an area set aside for the invalid cars, the little blue Bond 3 wheeler cars.
that was when the government thought if you had an arm or a leg off, you may as well have a car with a wheel off !
i seem to remember late sixties early seventies stamford bridge had a lot of mobility cars parked up behind the goals