OK time to fess up!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
Ok we are all plasterers to varying degrees of skill, and we all had to start some where !! and we have all dropped a bollock somewhere along the way, so this is your chance to come clean and show -us all you are human and have made a mistake or ten in the past ,so lets hear the funny ones guys .......

Hmmm.when I just used to mix up for the boss,he liked a bit of pva in the mix.but I went too far and the finish wouldn't go off,and went rubbery.scrape off and start again.re-skimmed a ceiling(approx 25sq/m)then the client put the heating on full whack.dried completely by the next day,I was in the room when a 3sq/m sheet of plaster came down.**** me pants!thats about it,not bad for 12 yrs or so.

I cut a board wrong in 1992 but found out years later i had picked up the wrong piece................. OH how we laughed.

when i was apprentice i snapped mains water pipe whilst alone on job miles from anywhere water pissed out hitting ceiling no mobile phones back then so couldnt ring boss sand was dumped on stopcock outside so couldnt turn it off place got flooded out twenty years later working in same village i told story to fella i was doing bathroom for....turns out he was on bloke that helped me out and was still friends with women owner who was now 85+ years old he rang her then passed phone to me

Welcome along Gettingnoneonthelids :RpS_thumbup:

Well personally I've never done anything wrong :rolleyes)

not as bad as my labourer mate though he told me his boss was pissing him off so he **** in the bucket and whisked it with the multi finish .....thats malicious

I used to piss on toilet seats and the toilet roll in public toilets but bubbles has already told me that it was wrong wrong wrong.....:RpS_blushing:

working at a poshish hotel in town I was supposed to be patching up some chases left by sparks. saw a wire sitting flush to the wall so assumed it was dead. cut through it with snips and buried it in wall.how was i supposed to know it was the main telephone cable in to hotel. deep joy !!!

I once never put enough screws in a plasterboard ceiling according to bg spec................. hope it hasn't fell down.:RpS_sneaky:

Screwed or nailed through a few pipes in the past, hot water, cold water and ..er ..gas :rolleyes) (gas pipe was 'supposed' to be dead..)

When dropping a scaffold on site a I threw a pudlock down that went straight through the gas mains. Still stayed put to finish the gable end even though the stench of gas was very strong.

I dropped a scaffold pole down a lift shaft right from the top of a 100 foot mill. We were dismantling and I thought my mate had hold of it....he didn't.

This thing went rattling down smashing against the sides. As I looked down I could see several hardhats of the lift technicians.

I shouted BELOW at least 6 or 7 times before they finally jumped out of the way.

I almost puked with fear, I came real close to killing someone that day.

I ran down to apologise, fully expecting a punch in the face and I deserved it.

Scottish fella just said "Don't worry about it mate".:RpS_w00t:

Me and my mate were boarding over a kitchen ceiling a couple of years ago. All the units were covered with dust sheets. I put my foot on the worktop for a bit of extra grunt with the screw driver. "crunch" , one of those gut churning moments! I pulled back the sheets to find I had put my foot through the ceramic hob!!

I dropped a scaffold pole down a lift shaft right from the top of a 100 foot mill. We were dismantling and I thought my mate had hold of it....he didn't.

This thing went rattling down smashing against the sides. As I looked down I could see several hardhats of the lift technicians.

I shouted BELOW at least 6 or 7 times before they finally jumped out of the way.

The bloke was probably casper too busy sipping on his M & S pino to notice the scaff pole

i dropped my straightedge off the top of a 4 story scaffold in camden high street almost killing someone it hit the ground a few inches infront of some poor girl and bounced right up over the top of her :RpS_blushing: she was shaking with fear when i got down to retrieve it and apologise profusely, had to take her to the cafe and get her a drink and some food to calm her down, did feel like a proper c**t though haha anyway lesson of the day dnt lean ya straightedge on the side rails on a really windy day

So you almost maime her then try to get in her knickers when she's at her weakest.

I like your style!

Thats just how i roll dan haha to be fair to the poor mare though if it had of hit her it wouldnt have maimed her it would have killed her it came down dead straight (vertical) and bounced on the thin pointy corner :RpS_blushing:

We did a job at a house and found out the next door neighbour wanted us but we were busy at the time so they got someone else. They wished they'd waited as the spreads they got poured all their waste plaster down the toilet and blocked the drain completely.

Cause everyone else there was english

Thats just how i roll dan haha to be fair to the poor mare though if it had of hit her it wouldnt have maimed her it would have killed her it came down dead straight (vertical) and bounced on the thin pointy corner :RpS_blushing:

bet u still use that straight for floating ,jr

Did a ceiling that was supposed to be foil backed, board was delivered and it was standard board and was told to crack on last board we cut the wrong way and put it up brown side facing us then the builder walked in brilliant lol

Status
Not open for further replies.