Ok lads have a look

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffey0

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Lads have a look I done this on Friday I'm sure there will be a few comments on it

Sand and cement not polymer modified stuff?

Are you going to put plastic air grates over the old?

Looks a nice job.

Keith if you read my first post,the reason for doing it was of it being an Ewi system and using sand & cement, trust me lad I don't have to show the quality of my work

Those air grates are a problem for me sometimes depending on the finish.

Recessed looks naff but screwing the plastic on is impossible and sticking them on nano is a no go.

Anyone else had problems with air grates or know of an easier way of getting over the problem?

Anyone else had problems with air grates or know of an easier way of getting over the problem?

Speaking as someone who knows chuff all about EWI and rendering, looking at the depth of it on those pictures a plastic vent brick would sit in there. I'd imagine that'd be easier to fix in place as it'd be in the EWI and render rather than on it?

Speaking as someone who knows chuff all about EWI and rendering, looking at the depth of it on those pictures a plastic vent brick would sit in there. I'd imagine that'd be easier to fix in place as it'd be in the EWI and render rather than on it?

Yes, thats a good idea. It would work on a 90mm system but not sure about 40mm?

I will measure the depth of one next time I go into the merchants. It will certainly look neater than a grille over the top.

I will measure the depth of one next time I go into the merchants. It will certainly look neater than a grille over the top.

They're usually 56 to 60 mm deep with 15 mm or so of that being the outer lip. You can get old and new brick sizes, along with the double height ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.