oh s**t!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss who is a plasterer went on holiday last night (thursday) and left me to prep an extension exterior for dashing. I was only trying to help but I threw on beads and layed on the plaster to the thickness of beads (20mm) and dashed it. The stones all went too far in and it looks like its been dashed by someone with a retardation. Hes back on monday amd im shitting myself wat did I do wrong here

tn_Red_Flag_Question_Mark_zps660263e4.jpg

My boss who is a plasterer went on holiday last night (thursday) and left me to prep an extension exterior for dashing. I was only trying to help but I threw on beads and layed on the plaster to the thickness of beads (20mm) and dashed it. The stones all went too far in and it looks like its been dashed by someone with a retardation. Hes back on monday amd im shitting myself wat did I do wrong here

Leave it to a pro my friend!!

learning something the wrong way is sometimes the path to finding the right way, just write it off as experience!

go over it again with only 5mm of render and dash into that, load your dashing shovel up to the brink if your not used to dashing and throw flat. some will stick so try save the ones that dont for recycling

take it all off clean/sweep up, apologise to your boss , put it behind you and learn from it

Take it all off again , your boss won't be happy leaving a sub standard job for which he will be charging a tidy sum for doing ! What a nightmare for the poor bloke he won't be relaxed for long after this holiday ! Haha

If I was you I'd knock it off sharpish, tidy it up so it's spotless and then get yourself the local paper and flick to the situations vacant section.

i must be missing something here, do not go over it again tomorrow as you say, it will not be okay or swell as you seem to think it will be, it will be much worse than it is now plus more expense and waste of materials, your boss will not be a happy bunny at all, take my advice as advised earlier , i will write this slowly so wnen you read it it will sink in, knock it all off ,clean up sweep up, apologise to your boss and learn from this, let us know how you come on and how your boss reacts, all best hector

Hello folks, sorry beenbusy, I went over it with a thin coat of render and dashed it again and it looks alot better, fortunatly I only did the one panel and my boss hasnt said anything yet. I think ive dodged a major bullet here. So I think it all went rather ....swell.

Swell dude :RpS_thumbup:
How did you manage to get it on with the tropical storms in Scotland :RpS_unsure:

Just popping by. This threads great, boss left me to prep the render but fk it I thort I'd finish it aswell! I like it, 10/10 for enterprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.