off to a flyer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakie

just about to for the first time drop a load of flyers to houses in my area trying to drum up some work just wondering anybody ever done it if so was it worth it.

I always think about doing it. Alot of people don't trust things that come through the door but hope it generates some business for you let us know if it's worth doing mate

Isn't it easier to advertise in a paper? If you see any refurb work going on chuck a card through the door

If you do make your message short and to the point. and do not make your name the main body of print on it.

People only wish to know how ££££££££££££ and you will turn out a decent job.

swings and round abouts mate sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. before i started my own company i started one with someone else and we did a leaflet drop, managed to get a few small jobs and a whole house hack off float and set board and skim ceilins job.
then i went on me own and did one more and got nowt off it, i have scince worked round some of these houses i dropped leaflets through but through word of mouth

I done one and got s**t loads off the first lot, then the second lot didn't get one phone call............The way it goes....

You can pay people to do it for you

Dont reckon it myself just looks like desperation advertising and to me not profesional but never done it so dont know.

I've never done it before, but I've considered it as a back-up to my other advertising/marketing streams, so it's not something I would rule out :RpS_thumbup:

waste of time, i advertised using flyers once, advertising for all sorts of building work,ordered 5ooo , i posted nearly 4000 of them , with the help of a couple of mates, i got a kitchen refurb off one, and fit a bathroom suite, i still have 1000 sitting around somewhere , i gave up with them in the end

I reckon it depends which letterboxes you put them through ..............and what you put on the header. That's all I'm saying in public :RpS_wink:

use the local scout group to post them for you, its cheap and it leaves you free to do what you should be doing. research shows that most of flyers are put in the bin. the only effective day to post is sunday as people tend to have more timeto look at them. kep the flyer to the point and easy to read

personally never done it,but have not ruled it out, split your leaflets between houses built pre 1930, and houses built approx in 1940/1950,these houses are the best way to get work ,skimming rooms, or when they start doing alterations they find the old sand and lime plaster coming off i do know somebody who dropped 1200 leaflets through doors,and he got 2 yes 2 telephone calls and both jobs were little patching jobs which he did not get, but good luck drakie let us know how you get on.

what i find funny and would put me off is when i read on someones advert/flyer that they can do plastering, roofing, tiling, painting, kitchens, bathrooms and so on and so. There use to be a bloke in our free paper and the only thing he didnt have down that he could do was taxi you to the airport, he was going for years, a well known local bloke (shagged his daughter a few time) and too be honest i still might advertise in it

when we started our business in a boom time we would advertise in the local papers. i was out pricing up work most evenings .
we now have a large number of customers who come back time after time.so no need to advertise.
to start a business now would be hard work.
i have a plumber friend who sends out flyers covering about six local towns. he does one town per week. using a local phone number for that town and having to call diverted to his office line. his advertising costs are huge for the year but he keeps about ten workforce busy

what i find funny and would put me off is when i read on someones advert/flyer that they can do plastering, roofing, tiling, painting, kitchens, bathrooms and so on and so. There use to be a bloke in our free paper and the only thing he didnt have down that he could do was taxi you to the airport, he was going for years, a well known local bloke (shagged his daughter a few time) and too be honest i still might advertise in it
Got a couple of those wizard multi trade people round our bit. one in particular has on his van " 25 years experience" however he hasnt got a building trade. he's a baker. i assumed his 25 years experience was all his subbys experience added together. It gives a false impression to customers that this bloke has been a tradesmen for ages and he gets 70-80k extensions. this clown cant even silicone round a bath without f***ing it up.........:-0

Lol I used to do a bit for a bloke who was a green grocer but got into the building trade god knows how?but he had a large crew of builders and he never got his hands dirty but he would do large contracts I suppose he has good business sense.

Got a couple of those wizard multi trade people round our bit. one in particular has on his van " 25 years experience" however he hasnt got a building trade. he's a baker. i assumed his 25 years experience was all his subbys experience added together. It gives a false impression to customers that this bloke has been a tradesmen for ages and he gets 70-80k extensions. this clown cant even silicone round a bath without f***ing it up.........:-0

By the sounds of it, he doesn't need to :RpS_thumbup:

Lol I used to do a bit for a bloke who was a green grocer but got into the building trade god knows how?but he had a large crew of builders and he never got his hands dirty but he would do large contracts I suppose he has good business sense.
dont get me wrong its good business but my point is ,he's running round in a van with ive got 25 years experience on it is false advertising. giving customers the illusion hes a time served tradesmen

Status
Not open for further replies.