ocr's

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
got a job, approx 60m render, float finish, approx 20mm thick. have priced it for 2 coats, but was gonna use microgobitis and then ocr. have been using a lot of cpi recently in 1 and 2 coat applications and its had a bit of a tendency to crack.

firstly, has anyomne else had this with cpi?

what ocr is most cost effective and gives the best finish?

or would you stick with the cpi as its only £3.50 a bag? the cheapest i can get weber for atm is over £5

CCF will do Weber ocr @ £4.19. tell em you need 1000 bags to get a good price , take 60 and if they ask tell em the builder havent paid you yet so you aint carrying on

ha ill try that 1. it was sheffins that were £5 and that ws with i think 40% discount apparently

Hi Nick, ( 2 coat CPI designation mix 2)

Guess your spraying this, I found if we sprayed the cpi thicker than you would normally for mono, you got no small shrinkage cracks later in the day.( less water =less shrinkage being the applied logic)

Now, obv the trick is to be quick on the rule once you have sprayed on, or your in trouble.

We completed a little end of terrace last week, in CPI circa 70 m2 , and had no problems with cracks.

I like the Blones blagg , but guess suppliers would soon got the hump with you after a couple of goes.:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
No ,

It seems fine, the last one was chewed up by Klime 413.looked like a rat had chewed the stator.( you live and learn)

Im wondering if anyone on here has tried K rends GP mortar for rendering..and if so at what price did the get it at ?

ye that cpi isn't the most graded product. Croutons galore in there although the xl did seem to like it

yeah iv found it sprays nice most of the time, but i had one batch of 100 bags that blocked the hose litterally once every 5 mins. that got a bit frustrating.

iv also had with it that one job the waterproofer is well over the top and the gear wants to slide off the scratch, and another where is sucked in straight away and caught me out. its funny stuff

cpi should be in all the merchants though.....how convenient is it to pick a few bags up for smaller jobs and just carry a whisk

Status
Not open for further replies.