OCR WEBER whats your way??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
of appliying it then ! i have found one tight-coat quite stiff then straight over with a wetter mix ,then rule off,rubb-up
the above is mixed in an electric-mixer or whiske!! not machine-applied, what do you do then guys??

Spats chuck them in the bin they dont get your walls straight they have thwre uses on thin coat systems and mp75 and thats about it thats what i think anyway ocr needs to be strait edged to get your walls looking good and you have plenty of time to play with it . Well thats my opinon any way.
Only because am on a job at the mo with 13,000 metrs of ocr and the clerk of works is ******* mustard so i am even double edging after the walls have took up a bit . Just to make sure nothing gets pulled

Spats aint for straightning walls up Kevmc there for spreading and closing in. dont chuck em in th bin I will have em.

Know what you mean tho seen chancers trying to use them on render and cut out the straight edge but it aint the spats fault its the chancers who dont know how to use em

on ocr i bar to get flattter than flat or flatish depending on the mood but when there is still some life in it and then rub it up or just leave the fine texture for them - some peole like it. on mono i bar in the rubbing back process.

I used to float ocr with a polyfloat and sponge to be finished with either paint or texture but Stumonkey told me on here he was I sectioning and then i tried it never polyfloated since except for on very small stuff when I want to get off, if you want it smooth just get a wet spongefloat over it after you I bar

we poly floated it i think putting a wet spongefloat on it would bring too much sand to surface tilers can be cnuts about things like that

its a leisure centre im working on at the moment about 4,ooom2 of cpi render going over some jokers dodgy scratch coat

i was mate but to get the thickness on i was running 5 bar over what i should the minijet only has a 4kw motor and it would mean scratching it all again then to make money i would have to rub up 120m2 aday

120 m2 must be a piece of piss for you grand .. you said the other day you can do 100m2 of hardwall + set every day easy so 120m2 of render must be like a holiday!

Spats chuck them in the bin they dont get your walls straight they have thwre uses on thin coat systems and mp75 and thats about it thats what i think anyway ocr needs to be strait edged to get your walls looking good and you have plenty of time to play with it . Well thats my opinon any way.
Only because am on a job at the mo with 13,000 metrs of ocr and the clerk of works is ******* mustard so i am even double edging after the walls have took up a bit . Just to make sure nothing gets pulled

well i dont normally use a straight edge now on render as i can get it flat as Fu*k by feel just use the spatular for filling in the very very occassional hollow or taking a slight ridge out...

Hi Posted in the swimming pool section , i am looking for a smooth render finish that will be painted , i can see that ocr has been mentioned in plasterife post in getting it super smooth , is this like a skim finish ?
Gratefull for any replies , the ocr would be going onto blockwork walls
Thanks
selfbuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.