ocr spray

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
yesterday we sprayed a pallet of ocr. we set it up just over 300 on the water and it was spraying fine back pressure normal then near the end, say 15 bags left it started to come through like pi55, we never altered a thing we then had to turn the water down to get it back but the water was well low for ocr.

any ideas what this could be lads ?

you may have put too much water in the mixing chamber to begin, the material slowly caked around the entrance to the mixing chamber which meant less fresh powder was flowing through and you needed to reduce the water to accommodate.

if you run at 300. start off at 400 connect your pipe a fill water to the top of the rotor. slowly introduce the first few kg's to prevent splash back up the chamber and then empty the rest of the bag. start the machine and slowly turn the water down to 300

have you got a pump tester john ?????.

The signs of it going are it'll start to go wet/dry for a bit then just go to piss. I have never had bits of rubber come off the stator

you may have put too much water in the mixing chamber to begin, the material slowly caked around the entrance to the mixing chamber which meant less fresh powder was flowing through and you needed to reduce the water to accommodate.

if you run at 300. start off at 400 connect your pipe a fill water to the top of the rotor. slowly introduce the first few kg's to prevent splash back up the chamber and then empty the rest of the bag. start the machine and slowly turn the water down to 300

we did this blone as per usual. we sprayed most of the pallet fine then it just started coming through like pizz. I

yes we have apump tester mate i set it every time before a spray just how les shown us. I will do another test tomoz as I assume that after 40 bags it should not have dropped alot and it r/s has not been touched since we set it just before the spray at 11/12 bar. that said what should the reading have dropped to after 40 bags ? not much i suspect (its a clamped btw)

have you got a pump tester john ?????.

The signs of it going are it'll start to go wet/dry for a bit then just go to piss. I have never had bits of rubber come off the stator

yes it does go to piss, maybe its just my type of machine that gets black bits in it.

so if record a big drop in pressure from a pump test is that a sign to back up the theory that r/s is foogled,

see we have been alternating between 3 different Rotor/stators and as yet have not had one "go on us on the job" maybe until now

I know you can get a small silo but doubt weber would be able to batch a ton bag of ocr i dont think its up their street

its unlikely your rotors worn John, you should get about 15-25 tom outa them each.
i can only see 2 things to cause that

either material was restricted into the chamber

or

water was restricted and became unrestricted. did you have that jet thing in the water inlet

after you have pumped 40 bags and it goes wet and you do a re test and it still set at 10 to 12 bar its not your rotor and stator mate. I think i know what your problem is just call me.

Last edited:
I might not have explained this that well,

The 6.3 rotor/stator is an old one that came with the machine (we dont know the mileage of it).
I took the 3.4 off Ian that we were using last week and put this old 6.3 back on for this ocr job and set it to 10-12 bar then it went fine for 30 ish bags, then it went pizz and we had to turn the water right down to finish of the pallet.

We are spraying tomorrow so i was going to test the pump again to see if we had lost alot of pressure from the 30ish bags thinking that if it records a great drop from 10/12 bar it would be an indication the 6.3 r/s was on its way.?

No Ian we never had the jet thing in the water inlet.

Ok I think thats a little more clear as to what I was doing, tomorrow I will know what back pressure we have now having sprayed the pallet of ocr, Then I can let you know and maybe it is just the R/S

that 6-3 only had about a pallet of cream pral through it john i think blones is right water to high in chamber thus caking what you can do is set water at 400 run through machine then stop it then take your water inlet pipe off let the water come out of chamber inlet when it stops reconnect inlet pipe this will give you the right amount at the start then start machine and add powder slowly then turn down slowly so material is coming out to right thickness this stops the caking in the chamber letting the right amount of powder through when cleaning dry the chamber with an old rag

we never had any issue with bridged gear tho after we finished and opened her up all was as it should be inside the pot. and it sprayed 30 bags or so perfectly, it was in mid flow when it went like pizz on us just at the end of the pallet

I will see what the test says tomorrow we have used that 6.3 R/S when we first got the machine so it had more than the cream pral in its life, its had a pallet of monorex natural and 2 pallets of ocr plus some chalk so i can count 5 pallets off my head

awrite folks dont no if its rude to just jump in like this nvr been on a forum before just wanted to ask if any 1's seen or used the pft g5 super jst purchased 1 has any 1 got any experiance with this machine or 1 similar?

Right, Fellers done a pump test today and we were round 9/10 so a drop from 10/12 after a pallet of ocr i recon is about right so the R/S must be ok and to back that up we proceeded to spray a load of BDL mono through it and it went like a dream, same R/S.

I am actually beginning to think it was a water flow issue as today we had mains supply (no pump) water around 250 and it didnt miss a beat.

yeah we have a little butt with a bog systern in it, the pump draws from that but i prefer just to hook into the mains, we screw a geka onto any tap we find and hook stright up, never had any issues with pressure at all up to now from mains supply

looks like the problem with the ocr spray was down to tiny pieces of rust coming from the water pump and collecting in the cone filter mesh, back on mains again - no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.