OCR Render??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spread1

Hi everyone new to this forum,

i have a job come up the customer wants smooth render e.g sand and cement finish, but they asking about OCR? I've never used it just wonder what the process is and also going to be a 2 coat as needs meshing first,

thanks alot hope that all makes sense

steve

Hi everyone new to this forum,

i have a job to price customer is wanting a smooth sand and cement like finish but dot want to use sand and cement they have mentioned OCR? I'm new to this as have never used it ive used bagged renders before which require a sponge rub up, what's the process of OCR and what will it go over? It will also need a mesh coat first,

thanks for looking hope it all makes sense,

steve

you dont have to use a sponge mate you can just float it like a normal render job exactly same.

you only need to use a sponge float to bring the closed finish to the surface if you have done a scrape back with an I section for instance that will leave it fine scrape (slightly rough) some just like it that way and leave it

What do they think OCR stands for means or is? Ordinary Cement Render!! Goes on any substrate that s/c can. OCR is nice to use and ideal through a machine but if hand applying you can mix sharp and soft sand cement lime and waterproofer/plasticiser 3-2 -1-1 and its better to finish. In my opinion anyway.

Looked up OCR in the Weber book. One coat render a pre blended single coat application render.

I think it is only Weber what calls there OCR , OCR?

going over mainly brick work and new block work, ive spoken to renderers that have said it can be used to apply a tight mesh coat and then 10mm top coat, and finally finished with a light sponge to get a smooth finish ready for painting,
what would u suggest im open to opinions lol
thanks again.

If you are not experienced in one coat application then a coat of at least 5mm, bed mesh in while wet and skim over thick enough for a reasonable scratch depth. Let set and second coat in the usual way.

For one coat on what you describe it will be two coat any way being meshed half thickness. Uneven suction will be your problem so I would be 2 coat as above first coat flat and set so second coat even thickness.

One coat render, all on in one coat , you can rubb-up with plastic float same as S&C , never really got the sponge -float, it's for plasterers that cant rubb-up IMO lol

One coat render, all on in one coat , you can rubb-up with plastic float same as S&C , never really got the sponge -float, it's for plasterers that cant rubb-up IMO lol

if you need to get the scrape finish off it after I sectioning then you will need a wet sponge

Does it look any good though after I sectioning it then sponging it? Do you follow up with a finer sponge?

I like ocr (weber) easy to use like speading browning but a little stickiar. Rubs up nice without waiting half the day like s/c. Whats ur views on k mix lads anybody used it ??? Am siding with ocr over k mix...

I like ocr (weber) easy to use like speading browning but a little stickiar. Rubs up nice without waiting half the day like s/c. Whats ur views on k mix lads anybody used it ??? Am siding with ocr over k mix...

let me guess

at trafford park they been telling you its the krend version of ocr and its what everyone is using and its cheaper etc etc ? ? am I right

bollix mate

that kmix is a scratch coat only and not for use as a one coat render to 12/15mm etc like ocr they been hoodwinked by krend but if you get onto krend and ask for a warranty applied in one coat at 15mm they will tell you its a dubbing/block laying/scratch coat mortar and to use it accordingly or they will tell you to buy uf base which is the equivalent to ocr

and the price is over 5 quid plus for something as cheaply blended you want to be paying 3.70 is plus

ocr is like 5-6 plus so its a no brainer. it will prob suit for a base to krend mono i suppose but I take everything the merchant says with a pinch of salt at the end of the day he is a salesman and are you going to risk the quality of a job on his bull ?

I thought not.

CPI do a version its around 3.70 odd i think

Status
Not open for further replies.