OCR floating video

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFTwales

We did a little video of using the Filzamat float on OCR. We had accelerator in the mix and it does help with the setting time. It was sprayed and ruled in about an hour, straight on it with a Spatula and 1 mt feather stucco edge to screed high spots and fill low spots etc and straight away floated with the Filz. I left it for an hour and finished it with a fine sponge.

The accelerator really helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Was you going to apply anything on top like acrylic or anything? Got a Filzomat myself but not used it yet?

no its being painted. We have done the back of the house a few years ago and its been painted. Looks good.

What accelerator did you use, ideal at this time of year, were you rendering breeze block? Straight over ?

I did silver sand over bad render the other day, we sbr studded day before and that morning, not allowed in till 9am and it was a cold day, never even thought of accelerator as the sbr was in my head, bad john

I used Weber accelerator. That day was cloudy windy and bout 8 degrees. i didn't spray till 10 and just about finished when it got dark. I put 4 litres to 150 litre butt and stirred it really well. I did another elevation on the south side at 6 degrees with sun on it and it went solid by 1. Also did one elevation that was floated by 12 and ready for a fine sponge but it hammered down directly on the walls. I couldnt touch it, i went home expecting to re do it and got there next day it wall all still on and i went over it with a damp sponge and it all finished good.
That was a gift

I used Weber accelerator. That day was cloudy windy and bout 8 degrees. i didn't spray till 10 and just about finished when it got dark. I put 4 litres to 150 litre butt and stirred it really well. I did another elevation on the south side at 6 degrees with sun on it and it went solid by 1. Also did one elevation that was floated by 12 and ready for a fine sponge but it hammered down directly on the walls. I couldnt touch it, i went home expecting to re do it and got there next day it wall all still on and i went over it with a damp sponge and it all finished good.
That was a gift
Was the wall coated with rend aid prior to plastering , would you rend aid over celcons..old school guy asking here

Do you mean Webers Monocouche accelerator Ibovit 2? I have a 20 ltr tub of that was going to try it.

Their Ibocar is good for same day beading. Sets in 20mins. Have to buy a tub of it though. 20 years worth!

the builder hacked off the existing dashing, the scratch coat was bonded really well to the substrate so he didnt take any more off. he primed the surface with everbuild render priming agent.
i would ring weber for advise over celcons. probably try do the thinnest option. i used a product before over celcons a lightweight render with poly balls and fibres. far as i know its all still good

Do you mean Webers Monocouche accelerator Ibovit 2? I have a 20 ltr tub of that was going to try it.

Their Ibocar is good for same day beading. Sets in 20mins. Have to buy a tub of it though. 20 years worth!

yeah john. the name is changed now

Very good re the speed and timing considering all this, impressed

floating that area took about 30 minutes at the most compared to 2-3 hrs floating traditionally. And TBH the finish is better. I would be worried that it set too quick if i did it that way

You would say the filzamat is a worthy investment then blones?

It comes with a plastic float, mono scratchers and power trowels as well as a sponge.
i would it would be good on ocr that is an overnight set at this time of year.

Is it any good on traditional sand and cement

Wouldn't know not used it yet.

Comes in a box about 800mm x 400mmx 400mm and is a two man job to lift or a chance on your own, the Filzomat is light, it is the transformer that weighs. Nice bit of kit. Look at the Rokamat youtube vids, that is similar.

as long as the mix is good it will work the same on any product. Its a pricey bit of kit but it pays for itself if you do much plain rendering. never bothered with the box or the other attachments (except the blades on mp75) . I dunno how much the accelerator cost, the builder is paying

That looked proper dog **** what a load of ******* about bringing far to much sand to surface

That looked proper dog **** what a load of ******* about bringing far to much sand to surface

No it didn't, It was covering the area so quick it didn't have time to bring sand to the surface. go to specsavers then watch it again. You rub OCR all day and it wont seperate

Status
Not open for further replies.