Oak beams before or after rendering

Inchy74

We are having to redo the whole of the front of our 1950s mock Tudor frontage on our home. Water is now getting in from somewhere and we can't work out where. So the question is do we render and then attach the oak boards afterwards or do we attach the boards first and render up to them. I’m worried about wood shrinkage and the possibility of future water ingress again.

Many thanks

We are having to redo the whole of the front of our 1950s mock Tudor frontage on our home. Water is now getting in from somewhere and we can't work out where. So the question is do we render and then attach the oak boards afterwards or do we attach the boards first and render up to them. I’m worried about wood shrinkage and the possibility of future water ingress again.

Many thanks
We did loads of these in the eighties and I think the best method is to first coat render, then fix the timbers and then topcoat. Finally sealant around the timbers.

Many thanks
1950’s ‘mock Tudor’, get rid of the ugly wood ffs.

Many thanks
Fuk wood of ya t**t

Many thanks

Look and see if you can find an old invoice for the original render was probably @essexandy call him back!

Many thanks
I’d fit it first because 90 percent of plasterers can’t get anything straight
Find a decent renderer and talk to him first just let him know if you render first you want it flat