NVQ level 3

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyspread

hi i would amagine that most of us have NVQ level 2

but in truth there seems to be more jobs for teaching plastering these days and the min requirement is NVQ level 3, any one got this? or has anyone looked into it properly how long a course is/ how much it costs/and any other info on it

cheers

theres a couple of tutors on here mate theyll soon fill u in, though im not too sure if the level 3 is essential, i was approached last year by a company and i aint got diddly squat on paper, i think theyre gettin desparate for teachers...
prolly cos theres loads of people all wanna become plasterers these days...

i looked in to being a decorating tutor, and the guy said, if u get the job they put you through teacher training and do the level 3, so the same probably apply for plastering.

basicly the best man gets the job

thats it, thats what the bloke said to me last year... think you just gotta have loads of experience and be methodical in your approach, that sort of thing..

If you contact GTC training group they can explain the method of achiving the qualification. Their contact number is
Admin/Office 0114 229 4876

Most colleges will put you through the level 3 but you will also need to do your Cert Ed, a 2 year degree course to teach plastering :-?

why would you need level 3? to get your cscs skills card all you need is level 2 award. I was always told level 3 was more on the running of jobs like foreman type role.

Most colleges like you to have a level 3 so you can deliver at that level, if you've only got level 2 thats all you can teach.
Level 3 NVQ's are aimed at supervisors level.

Status
Not open for further replies.