nvq assesment

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

what happens when you get assesed by ofsat for your nvq2.

do they come out to a job your on and watch you work,then ask you a few questions?

how many times do they come out?

appreciate if someone could let me know the process.

thanks

dunno im not taking it cant be assed and with the trade dying like this dunno if ill be staying in the industry for the time being

just started mine, bloke came out asked questions, did a literacy and numeracy test (easy) i had photos of me dot an dabbing, float and setting, etc, to give him, he's coming back out next week to pick up some testomonials i've sorted out for external rendering. job done! if you know what you're doing you'll have no probs ;)

I did mine a while back prior to coming here. A guy called Andy at Goldtrowel seems to go everywhere to assess and gives you lots of assisstance to achieve your portfolio and professional discussion which sometimes can nerve people. Done a 30mtre rockcoat wall for a new gym opening soon here in oz, pulled in like a goody now off to a barby and a sherbert or two

fuc*ing barstuard ;D ............i mean good on ya mate weathers lovely here to ..just a really slight nip in the air to break up the humidity  ;)

Griff,

Where abouts in OZ are you? I will be there this time next year... I doing the "D" of OZ for 6 months... be good to meet..lol

Tell any spreads over there of this forum.... might be handy!!

Cheeers

Danny

Am In perth at mo and going to brisbane shortly as they are despaerate for spreads. Glad I came here. Not joking either

are you tape jointing/drywall or solid plastering mate?
what's the standard like aswell mate do you reckon we could come over and blag it?

a bricklayer i used to work with moved to perth 2yrs ago, still keeps in touch, says its the best thing he ever did, reckons he's never used his kitchen! everything done on the barby!

Got my NVQ as said already with my city andguilds got re-assessed to change over my qualifications using my agent and off I went waited in total 9 months and cannot be happier.  Use a lot of rockcoat renders and marble here and occassionally a bit of tiling.  The weather is great my bones feel good as I have had some injuries over the years and I'm happy. Not rubbing salt in wanted to tell you guys stay positive anyone can do it if you are dedicated to moving away from england.  Visit pommes in oz website there's loads of help there.  Without  my quals it would have been mega awkward to get here.  By the way barbie was lovely.

Well In 153 days I start my world trip, so this time next year we should be there..... I dont want to move home so I have every intention in doing what I can to stay in OZ, obviously we will have to leave whenour visa run out then we off to do 3 months in asia then back to uk but when we come back I will hopefully be just tieing up the loose ends then be back.... with or without jane!!

I hope I cant just ride this recession out a bit better as i need to have the money saved...... eeeek!

Danny

153 days and how many hours? anyone would think you're ticking the days off! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.