NVQ 2 FOLDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright fellas?

Any of you completed an NVQ 2 folder recently? Can u give me some advice as I need to have it rapped up by early august.

I know I should include as many pics as possible of me doing different units but is there anything else i should include?

How many pics do u actually need?

Cheers in advance ;)

when i had my on site assesment about 7 yrs ago it was 1 pic of each:

cutting a board, puting a screw in a board, holding handboard an trowel with finish on it, holding handboard with s&c on it, putting a dab on a wall, in a position which looks like you are screeding a floor, holding a feather edge against a wall holding a float on the wall.

basically everything to give the impression you are a plasterer, btw the only thing i had ever done before i had my assesment was skimming and dabbing :-[

napper83 said:

cutting a board, puting a screw in a board, holding handboard an trowel with finish on it, holding handboard with s&c on it, putting a dab on a wall, in a position which looks like you are screeding a floor, holding a feather edge against a wall holding a float on the wall.

basically everything to give the impression you are a plasterer, btw the only thing i had ever done before i had my assesment was skimming and dabbing :-[

Can't be that easy.........CAN IT?

mine was, wen i did it id never even held a feather edge!! let alone screed a floor luckily in the las few yrs ive worked with a lad that taught me a hell of a lot more than just skimming

Just include as many pics as you can, it's also a good idea to get written testimonials from contractors and customers if possible, when the assesor comes they take loads of photos of you aswell, also ask for statements from your foreman/sitemanager or colleagues.
I took photos of most of my jobs over a couple of years, I included a selection of as many different types of work as possible, as I knew at some point I would have to get my NVQ.
I wouldn't sweat it though as many people have already said it's a breeze, aslong as the assesor can see you know what your on with you'll be fine. ;)

I just ticked a load of boxes, put me signature at the bottom, had a piccy took skimmin a ceiling bish bosh bash, bob's ur uncle, fannies ur aunty landed on the door step 2 weeks later.

Roofer2plasterer said:
napper83 said:

Can't be that easy.........CAN IT?

it really is, you'll be fine roofer.

Got job interview this week as General builder for a company that specialize in heritage work. Hope I get it. sick of bloody loose women!

I need it for my on site assesments as I havn't had a sniff of plastering work for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.