Now....am I over sensitive?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

Halfway through a decent size job for a lad who's parents have given the money to buy and renovate an old house. He's very....very young for this kind of project but obviously has a good business head.

He's added some cheeky extras which i've taken on the chin.

Today he comes upstairs and says "I notice one or two skim beads have been mis-handled. I'll have to take it out of your wages...."

I just laughed it off and said "Yeah right", but it put me off for the morning.
I was just coming round when he comes and says...."I'm not a millionaire yet...someones put half a bag of dot and dab in the skip!!!! I'm trying to save money here!!"

Bear in mind he will make £60 - £100k on the resale.

I just fumed for the rest of the day and left early. Work or not, I ain't being talked to like a child....BY a child.
I'm thinking of having a word tomorrow. Or am I just being over sensitive?

I would just take it on the chin mate. You'll meet allsorts in this world. I would keep in with him as it sounds he is destined for bigger things and that could lead to more profitable work for you in the long term.

Yeah, take it on the chin mate, whilst thinking to yourself "I'm taking your money you terwatt":RpS_thumbup:

"Self-Employed? - New boss every week" some good some bad.......

Yep like whats been said but before you do anymore extras you need to discuss extra money for them before you do them start as you mean to go on.

I was kind of hoping you would say tell him how it is. If he carries on I really dont think I can fully bite my lip.

A gentle chat perhaps...Horses for courses....there is always wastage on these jobs, and I've done extra work ffs!

The bag was in the skip by pure accident...the lab thought it was rubbish...

He has a point about the wastage, bit your lip and tell him to blame/speak to the lab.

Tell him you're not a millionaire either and charge him for the extras.....fairs fair.

Kick the sh.it out of him then burn his house down. That will teach him. Or keep shtoom finish the job take the doh and within a day you will have forgotten the little maggot anyway. Starting a debate will stick in your mind longer.

Just think of the potential customers he can pass ya name onto........thats what keeps me front imploding and slashin the customers throat with my blade.........:RpS_thumbup:

Kick the sh.it out of him then burn his house down. That will teach him. Or keep shtoom finish the job take the doh and within a day you will have forgotten the little maggot anyway. Starting a debate will stick in your mind longer.
lol i think that,s what we would all like to do ,but don,t

orrr do what grump said and then when your in the dock tell them the voices in the computer told me to do it:RpS_blink:

He's still finding his feet n pushing his luck, like someone else said, charge him for the extras! He'll keep his gob shut next time. Personally im not sure its legal to deduct from a mans wages without a court order... Wastage is inevitable. Besides even if theres a few materials wasted, if the job you're doing is spot on he'd be a mug to fall out with any decent trade. Chancers are ten a penny... real decent trades that are reliable aren't.

if this is his first go and hes like this now then just think what he'll be like in 5/10 years :RpS_scared: he might be able to give you more work later on but ill bet youll be back on her saying that hes after you doing it for nearly fnckall!!! put him straight if i was you!!! also tell him beads get bent now and again so if he wants to stop it happening in the future he'll have to have them delivered when needed and that will be everyday if needs be (little prick!!)

only do work supply and fix . then they cannot work out your earnings!
when they ask for extras answer ,answer ,when i have finished the price work, i will do your extras on daywork.

Status
Not open for further replies.