Not been paid (anyone had this)

I havent read full thread but under normal circulstances customer pays builder....builder pays subbys...unless il missing sumet?
In normal circumstances yes. But the subby hasn’t been payed! so it lies with the customer in my eyes because he has received the goods.

In normal circumstances yes. But the subby hasn’t been payed! so it lies with the customer in my eyes because he has received the goods.
To be fair if builder was worth his salt there would be a contract drawn up between him and customer to save any arguments either way

Well you might need an eye test.

Customers contract and responsibility to pay subject to being happy with the work lie with the builder. Subcontractor will have to take the builder to court if he doesn't pay up. Go round and take off render the customer has proof he's paid for from the invoice from the builder then he'll be done for criminal damage.

Well you might need an eye test.

Customers contract and responsibility to pay subject to being happy with the work lie with the builder. Subcontractor will have to take the builder to court if he doesn't pay up. Go round and take off render the customer has proof he's paid for from the invoice from the builder then he'll be done for criminal damage.
I’ll eye test you with a sharp stick!
We all know he’s been knocked by the builder. If he can’t get hold of him then the next port of call is the customer!

I’ll eye test you with a sharp stick!
We all know he’s been knocked by the builder. If he can’t get hold of him then the next port of call is the customer!
Can ask a polite question, but it's not the customers problem as the subbys customer is in fact the builder.

s**t position to be in , everyone of us who have been in this game for along time me over 30 years would have experienced same issues , there are just T***s who make a living out of ripping people off give HMRC a call and drop him in it with dealing in cash and not vat resisted his and the homeowner world will soon cave in. As for getting your money im sorry to say just move on and forget it im sorry to say he has no intention of paying you and never will.

]

And you question my credentials haha. . Nothing to do with the customer. Hes paid the person he had the contract with. Why should he have to pay twice? Jesus wept. How do you manage to run a business day to day. If you ordered a pallet of finish from the merchants and they never delivered it. Would you go to British gypsum demanding a pallet? Bellend

And you question my credentials haha. . Nothing to do with the customer. Hes paid the person he had the contract with. Why should he have to pay twice? Jesus wept. How do you manage to run a business day to day. If you ordered a pallet of finish from the merchants and they never delivered it. Would you go to British gypsum demanding a pallet? Bellend
Poor example.

Wankstain!

Hello all
I’m having a bit of an issue with a builder I’ve done some rendering for, we previously worked for him an got paid. Now we’ve rendered the front of a house in gillingham everything’s good clients happy renders painted scaffolds gone builders been paid, now it turns out he gave us a moody personal name & the business is non existent. Only got a couple of mob no’s so I’ve contacted the homeowner to find his details from the estimate or invoice but turns out his just gave him 11k as an initial payment for a rear extension so was reluctant to give me the business name. He’s not going to be onsite doing any of the extension it’ll just be subbies, so short of sitting outside hoping to catch him I’m a bit stuck as to find his details, ( should of picked up an obvious sign for a old builder he had no numbers for a plumber, carpenter, or plasterer in his phone all of us there for the first job) anything similar happen to anybody else an how’d you get it sorted
Any reply would be much appreciated
Thanks
Makes me mad when you find that builder smash a hammer across his f**k**g teeth

Makes me mad when you find that builder smash a hammer across his f**k**g teeth
Beat the crap out of him then lay him on the road and line his teeth up against the curb then whack your knee in the back of his head...

They is how it was where I grew up :confused:

hello all
well finally got paid a couple of weeks ago minus £ 30
cause apparently we did very little there apart from all the rendering on a house front render job,
and had a parting shot fired at us (you've lost 20 grands worth of work by insisting on being paid for this :tonto:) my 2nd job for him and had nothing but bullsh*t when it came to being paid.
I stuck to the (client's gonna get the invoice as he's the only person who knows your name & trading name.
seems to have done the trick

hello all
cause apparently we did very little there apart from all the rendering on a house front render job,
and had a parting shot fired at us (you've lost 20 grands worth of work by insisting on being paid for this :tonto:) my 2nd job for him and had nothing but bullsh*t when it came to being paid.
I stuck to the (client's gonna get the invoice as he's the only person who knows your name & trading name.
Take him to court for the £30

hello all
Well done! :tanguero:

I once never got paid of a builder . House owner had been done tontunemof about 10 grand of him but to his credit still gave me half of what builder owed me. I was about 300 out pocket I think. Some of the other lads were a few grand as he kept promising em they will be paid next week so they kept turning in. Apparently he doesn't all time . Then goes bust and starts in another name.
Fook sake john!! You did 4 weeks work for nothing!! Gutted for ya....