Not all plaster stuck to the ceiling.

• Thread starter Deleted member 55446
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 55446

Why didn’t some of my plaster stick to my concrete ceiling. It was plastered but fell off in some areas. How does the background have to be in order for best results. It got PVA and then plastered twice. Do all the old paint and whatever on ceiling have to all come off first before plastering?

Sounds like it went off a little bit to fast or didn’t wait long enough between coats maybe..hard to say without seeing the state off the ceiling originally

Depends on how well-adhered the paint is to the ceiling.

Also depends what kind of paint is on the ceiling.

Also, PVA is not ideal for concrete.

Many other variables, too.

For example, is this ceiling in your kitchen?

I’m a magician mate watch this one do a disappearing act too!
magic GIF

So which glue is best for concrete, PVA, Blue Grit, and what others are there. I need to find a good plasterer they all call themselves professionals but they are anything but duh.

What you on about? You taking the pis#?
Someone came on asked same questions about concrete ceiling did not enjoy all responses then disappeared
Wondered if you was same person trying a different approach that’s all as was like one day later

Ok

So tell me what’s the best solution. I don’t think plasterers always give us the best solution they just want to plaster it take the money then leg it.
You do realise you’re on a forum for plasterers? Lol!

there’s different pre grits. Thistle bond it, blue grit or plasterers pre grit on eBay that’s cheap but does the job.

they all do the same thing. I like the pre grit because it’s not too gritty as some others which I find a bit annoying to go over, but any will do. then go over the next day/week/ month, it’ll still be fine.

You do realise you’re on a forum for plasterers? Lol!

there’s different pre grits. Thistle bond it, blue grit or plasterers pre grit on eBay that’s cheap but does the job.

they all do the same thing. I like the pre grit because it’s not too gritty as some others which I find a bit annoying to go over, but any will do. then go over the next day/week/ month, it’ll still be fine.

bought a tub of the green stuff for the job I’m doing now. Much better than the blue. Might try another colour next time.

Someone came on asked same questions about concrete ceiling did not enjoy all responses then disappeared
Wondered if you was same person trying a different approach that’s all as was like one day later
Whatever

No but round the corner from me is a disaster. Poor folk.

Storm just highlighted a couple of leaks in my house that I’ll have to bother my arse about. Got off lightly in comparison bud
Saw house collapse in Manchester on news , sink hole from damaged drains
Just a heads up for you to remind Si not to put food waste down sink