Not a good start to the week

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

Turned up today to overboard 3 bedroom ceilings and prep walls with pregrit for skimming , ceiling up lets scrape bits of paper they did not remove properly , and ended up removing all the old skimming from 3rooms nightmare put me back 3/4 of a day already only good bit is rang client and got more money for it as not priced for it, got caught out with this once before and lost a days money

Turned up today to overboard 3 bedroom ceilings and prep walls with pregrit for skimming , ceiling up lets scrape bits of paper they did not remove properly , and ended up removing all the old skimming from 3rooms nightmare put me back 3/4 of a day already only good bit is rang client and got more money for it as not priced for it, got caught out with this once before and lost a days money

Pregrit?

They are on low suckers such as shiney paint, there good as in you roll it on your Walls the day before, then next day straight on it, no applyin pva or waitin for it to dry. Very rarely use pva now:RpS_thumbup:

Are these thing any better than pva really if so why?
If you have never hadcomebacks from using pva then these products are just gonna frustrate you and slow you down.ive been using betakontakt for a long time now with no come backs but after the unifinish debackle am wondering if ive been conned into thinking its better than pva. So much so that im going back to pva now on jobs.They can also be a pain to get hold of whichs is not the case with good old pva.

Febond Blue Grit Extra Grip Plaster Bonding Agent - 10 Litre
. depends where you get it mate, plasprime is another, think its a bit more expensive tho. And thistle bond it!.... 50quid!!!...:-0

£16!! Fook that! Lol I've never had any major comebacks from pva, hairline cracks about 2-3" away from the bead but that's about it, plus £10 for pva for 10ltrs and mix it 40/60 with h20. Might try it next time I have to overskim silk as that can cause issues, cheers

How's it better than blu grit, ash? Never used pregrit.
We find pregrit when rolled on not to as heavy in grit as blue grit meaning not so much skimming is needed to first coat ,as pregrit has a finer grit , rolls on easier, and holds the skimming back more than blue grit IMO

I really wish I could justify it in the price....turning up on a reskim just to 'pregrit' the day before.

I'm almost definitely certain that if I added any extra money on my jobs, I simply wouldn't get them.

Are you saying to go in for free the day before to prep?

Or do you go in for a couple of hours and waste the rest of the day?
Or do you go at the end of the day when you're knackered from spreading somewhere else?
Or do you only use the stuff on full house reskims?

I really wish I could justify it in the price....turning up on a reskim just to 'pregrit' the day before.

I'm almost definitely certain that if I added any extra money on my jobs, I simply wouldn't get them.

Or do you go at the end of the day when you're knackered from spreading somewhere else?
All depends on what Job we are doing weather we use it or not one room reskim no just PVa , couple of rooms walls and ceilings me and my mate would nip in night before and prep ready for good start mixing at 8 instead of 10 , to be far most jobs I price with or without pregritting we get . Use it a lot when we are bedding render mesh in the skimming and full house reskims

All depends on what Job we are doing weather we use it or not one room reskim no just PVa , couple of rooms walls and ceilings me and my mate would nip in night before and prep ready for good start mixing at 8 instead of 10 , to be far most jobs I price with or without pregritting we get . Use it a lot when we are bedding render mesh in the skimming and full house reskims

You sound like a bloke who takes care and pride in his work. Thumbs up.
I also got most jobs quoted, but not so much noe hence another reason to pva as ceevee suggests.

I noticed on youtube last year a dutch spread over skimming walls which looked like he had used the knauf high suction primer on first. You can water this down and I think it goes quiet a distance.
Same as the other primers with grit as you have to let it dry not tacky before skimming but e the sproduct can be skimmed much sooner.

if its just a day job ill send the boy or drop the boy off about 3 o clock let him put down floor protection etc, let him prep the walls and ill go to the merchants, pick up gear. Blue grit can be diluted also? 10 Litres, pour half into a empty 10 litre tub then top the two up with 50- 50 pva n sbr,( Danny Mac tip) what you may think your losing time the day befoe you gain next day.start coating first thing,saves so much time, feckin about with pva ? Especially if the original walls are allsorts ,,ie old plaster patches, paint etc. Controls suction so its all dryin at the same time:RpS_thumbup: .works for me

If you have never hadcomebacks from using pva then these products are just gonna frustrate you and slow you down.ive been using betakontakt for a long time now with no come backs but after the unifinish debackle am wondering if ive been conned into thinking its better than pva. So much so that im going back to pva now on jobs.They can also be a pain to get hold of whichs is not the case with good old pva.
how will it slow you down and frustrate you?sire:RpS_unsure:

£16!! Fook that! Lol I've never had any major comebacks from pva, hairline cracks about 2-3" away from the bead but that's about it, plus £10 for pva for 10ltrs and mix it 40/60 with h20. Might try it next time I have to overskim silk as that can cause issues, cheers
Why have you had cracks at your beads spanky ? Are you puttin your beads over original wooden beads?that's the only time I've seen that happen?:RpS_unsure:

I was reading this and wondering whats this h twenty stuff that keeps getting mentioned the i realised haha facking wally

Why have you had cracks at your beads spanky ? Are you puttin your beads over original wooden beads?that's the only time I've seen that happen?:RpS_unsure:

Yep that's right mate, why do youz lots really take them all off and have to patch the corners then bead them back up?

render mesh for skim wtf?

Yep that's right mate, why do youz lots really take them all off and have to patch the corners then bead them back up?
I always take them off spanky,to much of a hit and miss. Used to leave them in and sometimes crack sometimes don't? Not worth the hassle of a call back.:RpS_thumbup:

I always take them off spanky,to much of a hit and miss. Used to leave them in and sometimes crack sometimes don't? Not worth the hassle of a call back.:RpS_thumbup:

Understandable but never had any major issues with them very rare I get a call back from them, I always go back to jobs once they are dry 1 to take pics and 2 to make sure everything is as it should be. I can see what you mean though mate better taking more time while you are at the job than coming back and it costing you money, the only reason I don't is because of the mess It makes when pulling them and the wedges out so much so before now I have ha to patch it with backing first which just start costing time and money,

what is the reason for them cracking over wooden beads? Movement? Muilti doesn't like wood? Wood expands and contracts? Where as lime will move with it muilti won't?

render mesh for skim wtf?
we use the render mesh for skimming loads gets used outside so why not inside ,it's good for the walls that are crazy cracked all over quicker than trying to fibre tape them all , really good for lintel cracks and bad cracks under window boards , we also use it on bad cracks in ceilings , blocked up doorways before reskim each to there own mate IMO far stronger than fibre tape in these areas

Right you bunch of moany *****. Iv said this a thousand ******* times and I swear this will the last time I say it coz I genuinely don't give a toss after this. Go to encon. Buy yourself a load of tubs of micro. It can be diluted pretty much 50/50. And yes, with water you piss taking wankers!! It can be applied and skimmed the same day. It's better in my opinion than all the other bonding agents iv tried. It works out at worst the same price as pva, I think cheaper. Now stop moaning about bloody grit sizes and time and price and just buy ******* micro. It does everything your moaning about.

Rant over :)

I'm on my way to get some now Nick:RpS_crying:.......
....... stop f**kin shouting at me:RpS_biggrin:

we use the render mesh for skimming loads gets used outside so why not inside ,it's good for the walls that are crazy cracked all over quicker than trying to fibre tape them all , really good for lintel cracks and bad cracks under window boards , we also use it on bad cracks in ceilings , blocked up doorways before reskim each to there own mate IMO far stronger than fibre tape in these areas

Ahh right I see from what you were saying thought you wre using it on all overskim work, make sense for structural cracks for sure :RpS_thumbsup:

Right you bunch of moany *****. Iv said this a thousand ******* times and I swear this will the last time I say it coz I genuinely don't give a toss after this. Go to encon. Buy yourself a load of tubs of micro. It can be diluted pretty much 50/50. And yes, with water you piss taking wankers!! It can be applied and skimmed the same day. It's better in my opinion than all the other bonding agents iv tried. It works out at worst the same price as pva, I think cheaper. Now stop moaning about bloody grit sizes and time and price and just buy ******* micro. It does everything your moaning about.

Rant over :)

this is all fair and well but can i used the powderd water i went out and bought a load of it but everywhere i go they have pre hydrated water already:RpS_angry:

i know ive been doin it all wrong but everytime i mention using the powderd water i get thrown off site:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.