Noob: Skimming

Members online

JamieWHD

Complete noob here, looking for some help on which supplies to buy to skim the walls, not sure if ready mix is applicable to the job, can get a mixing paddle if required. All supplies will be bought from B&Q. Also a recommendation on which tools would be great.

All paper has been completely removed from the wall, not shown in the above photos. All help would be greatly appreciated.
Sidenote: Working on a semi limited budget.
Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg

Cheers @Tom81
This ones easy @JamieWHD there is no multi/board finish readily available due to shortages. have you heard of airless plaster? There is plants of this Get around 10 bags,
it’s premixed so no need to buy mixing paddles or buckets you can use it straight out the bag it’s around £10-£12 a bag so should fit in with your semi limited budget. I’ve used this on a recent refurb applied with a trowel and finished with a flex finishes a dream, take my advice and you’ll be chuffed to bits.
Happy to help
You’re welcome

Fair play buy under the current climate it’s probably the worse thread in the world atm seeing as plasterers across the whole of the country cannot get a poxy few bags of plaster themselves to go to work and feed there kids or pay there mortgage

Cheers @Tom81
This ones easy @JamieWHD there is no multi/board finish readily available due to shortages. have you heard of airless plaster? There is plants of this Get around 10 bags,
it’s premixed so no need to buy mixing paddles or buckets you can use it straight out the bag it’s around £10-£12 a bag so should fit in with your semi limited budget. I’ve used this on a recent refurb applied with a trowel and finished with a flex finishes a dream, take my advice and you’ll be chuffed to bits.
Happy to help
You’re welcome

I have to source everything from B&Q, so if you could link me to a product from there that would be great.

Fair play buy under the current climate it’s probably the worse thread in the world atm seeing as plasterers across the whole of the country cannot get a poxy few bags of plaster themselves to go to work and feed there kids or pay there mortgage

I can understand your frustration due to the current climate and everything, I don't think I'm putting anyones livelihood at risk by doing this DIY due to my own personal circumstances. everyone has been affected by Corona in different ways, all I can do is offer my best wishes to you and your family. I personally have been affected to by the current situation. So I feel for you and everyone else.

Complete noob here, looking for some help on which supplies to buy to skim the walls, not sure if ready mix is applicable to the job, can get a mixing paddle if required. All supplies will be bought from B&Q. Also a recommendation on which tools would be great.

All paper has been completely removed from the wall, not shown in the above photos. All help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg
Told you @themucky1 what's the best one to ask he's an expert this type of thing and always happy to help great guy I usually p.m. him when I get stuck and he really goes into detail with things

Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg
whos that in window over road with the tits out

Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg
I can sell you a trowel

Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg
Are you based in cold war era USSR?

Thanks.

IMG_5035.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

IMG_5041.jpeg
Excellent sir! :ROFLMAO:

I particularly like the attention to detail in adding the slack pants picture :tanguero: