non paying customers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowen70

Just any chance to give you old gits a chance to moan!

What are your usual options for dealing with extremely slow or worse non paying customers?

Is it a regular thing or once in a blue moon?

get medieval on their ass :RpS_mad:

never had no slow paying customers. domestic and small commercial. terms up front. lucky i guess. the larger the amount, the less they want to part with it.

the worst cuntss are mates :RpS_cursing: had a builder i did work for who was a boxer ffs shite at paying .....................still marched the f**k*r down the bank lol i cant fight for ****

Never non paying but I've had real slow payers pissess you right off, on my invoices I now state any payment not paid within 28 days is subject to a 20% charge.

if they want me to work they have the money to pay ........................... so pay me when im done no reason not to

if domestic like myself on all my quotes states cash on completion...the only exception that I have is my own doing when they leave me the money and go to work and I always say that I will pop back to collect once they have seen themselves and are happy...

to many on here in my opinion mug themselves of trying to act like a big company ffs 95% of us are just sole traders don't know why everyone overcomplicates it!

I refused to pay for a carpet from some know in a shop after he let me down on a fitting time. There was a tenant moving in and i needed it fitting befoee they moved in. Left a cash desposit but never signed anythong. Told him to shove his carpet and he rang me every ten mins all throught the day. Got so pissed off in the end i paid him. His technique worked

He said on a text that a deposit was evidence of a contract and he would take me to smalls claims court and get a ccj.. sure he was bluffing but for a $150 carpet i wasnt gonna take a chance

give them a reminder notice to expect payment in 28 days plus the 20% @gps or legal proceedings will take place this normally makes it work

Last edited by a moderator:
a guy i worked for use to send bad payers the bill on a post card said it always works its a shame thing every oneing there buiness

give them a reminder notice to expect payment in 28 days plus the 20% @gps or legal proceedings will take place this normally makes it work

Make sure it a says terms on your invoce and quote
Then charge late fees and interest when thats all on there people seem not to play about to much
Now I have said that I will probably have issues lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Only have a single tale to tell from about 1998 ... sitting tightly, then I shall begin!

A woman I knew from school wanted a new lounge ceiling (the existing was lath & plaster) and I suggested the usual overboard, to which she agreed!
When I arrived with gear to do the job, she told me her bloke (who was out the country working) had left instructions to either take it down or he will find someone that will.
I pondered for a minute and thought "fcuk it, this will cost you pal" and started tearing down a 100 years worth of dust, shoite & crap swept under the floorboards by generations of tradesmen.
By the time it was down I was knee deep in the stuff & piled it up outside for our hero to dispose of on return.
Ceiling was replaced & the 1" gap bonded & skimmed around the whole room.

I was informed her "bloke" was back end of next week & would call me?

Anyway, weeks passed & she ignored my calls & I didn't have his number. so 1 Saturday I drove up and knocked his door. Soon as it opened a size 12 was jammed in the way & I followed him in.
He said "how can you charge me £100 to take down the ceiling .. I'll give you 20 quid"
I explained that just the patching around the walls took a couple of hours, but he was having none of it.

So out came the Estwing drywall hammer & 6 holes later he agreed to pay up in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.