Non payers. What do you do?

i got arrested 2 years ago cee vee, 184.00 quid fine,all the stress/worry that goes with it,...and all i did was grab him no violence nothing ,but i was charged with common assault,so do not go down that road,........i know 2 painters who had not got paid after decorating an I****n reastaurant,...they turned up on a saturday night when place was packed,overalls on scrapers at the ready ,told owner they had come for there money or the wallpaper was coming off right now,..he got paid there and then,.........also know a fellow plasterer who was paid 30.00 short on his bill,..another I****n restaurant,.....so a few month later him and his wife went for a meal there, bill came to 29.00 ,and just refused to pay ,all sorted......great believer in karma i am what goes round comes round,good luck getting your money

Legends

Small claims. Follow procedure with warning letters and ask that they communicate to resolve, you can find template letters online. Don't need solicitor. File at the court. They will send cheque day before to stall but say you don't want to be paid by cheque other than bankers cheque. Go stand up in court and say they owe me £s... Here is estimate. Here is my materiel cost. See what happens.

Small claims is a waste of time for £600. The further it goes the more you pay and very often these chancers are selling the property so scam loads of free work, had this one many years ago in a different trade. They changed address and the case collapsed

i got arrested 2 years ago cee vee, 184.00 quid fine,all the stress/worry that goes with it,...and all i did was grab him no violence nothing ,but i was charged with common assault,so do not go down that road,........i know 2 painters who had not got paid after decorating an I****n reastaurant,...they turned up on a saturday night when place was packed,overalls on scrapers at the ready ,told owner they had come for there money or the wallpaper was coming off right now,..he got paid there and then,.........also know a fellow plasterer who was paid 30.00 short on his bill,..another I****n restaurant,.....so a few month later him and his wife went for a meal there, bill came to 29.00 ,and just refused to pay ,all sorted......great believer in karma i am what goes round comes round,good luck getting your money

Hector, you grabbed him that is being violent lol

What do you do with a non payer?
I'm not sure you can give em a hiding anymore...or can you?
Pester em?
Bombard them with calls/texts?
Court action?
Revenge on feedback sites?
Vandalism?
Write it off?

Here.
http://www.nightfoxinvestigations.co.uk/terms/

Their reviews include some promising terms.

'Don't need a CCJ.
Man Mountain.
Little bit of personal pressure.
Old School.

guard-1.png

Get you your £600 in no time.

Turn up at the door and insist they come down the bank with you to get your money out. Forget bank transfer that will just buy them another few weeks to ignore you. Boils my piss hearing these stories unless there's more to it than we're being told I would pester them to f**k til I got my money.

i got underpaid by a qs ona job few years so i smashed the s**t out of my work

Different on site though, mate. You can put it down as civil.
Can't go round to someone's house and barge in.

Out of interest, who here has ever doled out the Plasterers Revenge? You know, putting the knife through all your work and a couple more rooms besides - claim to be scratching it up for a reskim when Dem Babylon come asking about it,

But did you ? When you explained what happed you said there was no violence, I fear you haven’t learnt from it lol
no i did learn from it gps,never happened before it and will certainly never happen again,i was charged with common assault which seemingly is the lowest assault charge there is,........

Reactions: gps
Did they send the £1 AFTER work was completed? if so, this will work in your favour if you do go down the court route. As they would struggle to argue how they suddenly became so unhappy enough to not pay, AFTER being happy enough to pay and even starting the process.

Don't send a threatening text as they will then twist the whole situation and start threatening police action. Be stern but smart. They are 100% chancing it, utter scum. If you are comminicating via text maybe send something like:

"I'm struggling to get in contact with you and I'm worried perhaps your phone is broken. So WE will pop around in a few days to see you and settle the balance in person, Thanks."

Hopefully you will get a response "Sorry! phone was in for repair, just sent the payment!"

Just be smart with it, but don't give up. The longer this goes on the more chance they have of getting a freebie and the more your stance will weaken as you can't be bothered anymore. Get it done
Some great ideas everyone!
I was going to give him a knock today but first went with what lurpak said about the 'we' will pop round....guess what!
Hes frikkin paid!!
:bananahappy:

You cannot do that legally, you barge in un invited they call police to remove you. Its a civil dispute. Old school stuff will get you lifted.
Who said anything about barging in?. It should be in your terms about materials being your property till the invoice is settled. Av never had to do it but it would be interesting to here what the police would say because agreeing to the estimate is agreeing to the terms

Who said anything about barging in?. It should be in your terms about materials being your property till the invoice is settled. Av never had to do it but it would be interesting to here what the police would say because agreeing to the estimate is agreeing to the terms

Good job you haven't because those 'terms' won't do you any good.

Police will say that it's a civil matter.

Majority of domestics have no terms, we quote and if accepted we expect to be paid. You cannot enter a property without permission of owner regardless if there is a dispute. Owner has rights of property. Police will uphold law and advise its civil dispute not criminal.

Majority of domestics have no terms, we quote and if accepted we expect to be paid. You cannot enter a property without permission of owner regardless if there is a dispute. Owner has rights of property. Police will uphold law and advise its civil dispute not criminal.

I've always been careful and been precise with my prices. It's printed and pushed through the door a day or two after my visit with a tape, It outlines exactly what I'll do ... for example whether or not I'm going to take rubbish and things of that nature(often not, domestic customer can tip it himself for free)
'Customer has indicated that they intend to replace the carpets upon completion of works'
'Customer has indicated that cash payment may be expected immediately upon completion of works'

Things like that. Basically just formalising our chat. You could call it a contract if you want but I call it a memorandum of agreement and so far as I can see, Judge Rinder would buy it.

Never really had any problems bar the odd complaint about not tidying up enough between days.
Notably the last job. The customer was exceptionally picky and complained that the work room was dirty - it was tidy but I hadn't mopped up like I was finished - and her neighbour complained that there was a splash on her wall... well, the customer's side of a party wall.

Meh. Job was left gleaming and I got paid, so no great shakes, just two exceptionally picky people on one job was a bit unfortunate.

Go round there 2/3 in morning, turn the water off from the stop cock outside and fill with rapid cement , no water for a good few days , and will cost em a good few quiz’s to put right

You can't remove goods from any property regardless of your t&c, if they call the police on you it can be trespassing and criminal damage. You can only remove goods when the judge says so.

know an old schooler that back in the day his crew were getting runaround on money, friday came job finished and no sign of boss/developer, long run of things had happened along with pay fuckabout.
They fillled cement mixerwith pva /cement/ lime u name it, scudded everything indoors, windows window boards,walls, ceilings, fecking mess. 1970's cold hard satisfaction.