No qualifications

Members online

delroy

Hi guys hope you lot can help me out I've been plastering for the past 5-6 years can do the job just don't have the paperwork what I need to know is would a city and guilds level 1 diploma in plastering ( SCQF level4) be enough to get me a job and say I'm a plasterer ? As there is a course at glasgow college offering this it's a full-time course for 6 months any help would b appreciated

If you're experienced you can do an OSAT where they just come and assess you on the job.

that is only if they want a CSCS which is not mandatory :D
When he said he didnt have the paperwork he needed I assumed he mean to get on site......if you dont need to get on site then dont bother just carry on doing a good job and everyones a winner and you dont have to pay out for the qual's.

If you need your level 2 nvq in plastering I am more than happy to go through our process with you, the nvq will gain you the blue skilled workers card which is the minimum requirement nowadays to gain site access.

my number is 07592318344 should you wish to discuss.
thanks
Lynn

Hi guys hope you lot can help me out I've been plastering for the past 5-6 years can do the job just don't have the paperwork what I need to know is would a city and guilds level 1 diploma in plastering ( SCQF level4) be enough to get me a job and say I'm a plasterer ? As there is a course at glasgow college offering this it's a full-time course for 6 months any help would b appreciated
Did you get sorted with a course bud

If you need your level 2 nvq in plastering I am more than happy to go through our process with you, the nvq will gain you the blue skilled workers card which is the minimum requirement nowadays to gain site access.

my number is 07592318344 should you wish to discuss.
thanks
Lynn
How long will it take him to get it

I no the guy who came out to assess me for British gypsum said he'd charge me 600 for an nvq level 3 so I can't see it being much more than that and he said it wouldn't take long at all it's more paper work than anything but good luck.

I've been plastering for over 30+ years (more tiling nowadays) and neither have I got any qualifications, am I bothered.

I won't be working on site again as I find it a joke, so many with helmets who are in charge who are knobs.

I've been plastering for over 30+ years (more tiling nowadays) and neither have I got any qualifications, am I bothered.

I won't be working on site again as I find it a joke, so many with helmets who are in charge who are knobs.
Well as far as I'm concerned plastering is one of very few construction jobs you actually don't need qualms for nvq shite city n guilds is it recognised don't think so plastering traditional old school was always learnt on site and you started as labourer advanced to cupboards and after many yrs if the main plasterer allowed a front room. When I left in 96 to go alone learning on site only was never asked for quals was put in a small room when finished it was checked by clerk of works it's either good u stay or bad you get f**k*d off. Did the nvq2 experienced worker course on site assessment lol and some stupid questions on angle beads n watterproofer? Passed never been asked for it since so crap your traditionally trained on site by your hanger after many yrs of labouring and trying to learn and do it still on laboured money using plunger and stick with old diesel mixers you can't learn it in school n as for not having blue dca card b*ll***s you can get a labourers one n start plastering when agent sees you he thinks the labourer is the bees knees and one got a nice load of crap to add best in the west 100 Mtrs of hardwall n set finished to a high standard gone by 3 everyday don't do weekends was told if you can't make your gilt in the week don't bother west country super spread

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    633.9 KB · Views: 558