no pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the day it all comes down to the cost of the product,british gypsum will have an awful lot of money/time/research etc accounted for so far in this product,when they finally sit down and decide how much to charge all this investment will be taken into account and the price will take all this into consideration, personally i just can not see it working ,i can imagine it will be diffucult to use suction/spreading/trowelling up, and i think after about 2 years it will be dropped, this period of 2 years is important as it gives gypsum time to sort out any teething problems /plasterer complaints /concerns, but at the end of the day no matter how hard they work to deal with these isssues ,if the plaster is not selling in the quantities they need to justify there investment it will be quietly dropped ,and peace and karma will return to the plastering world.

All this change may well have nothing to do with us and profit maybe meeting EU bullshit directive,

well what do you think it will be a bag?? i've used it in a site trial and its good but how good depends on the price

would anyone pay £8 a bag?? i wouldnt cos like ive said before multi at just less than a fiver and PVA to go with the bag is prob about 20/50p a quid at the most! it takes ME 5 mins to put it on and about 10 mins to be ready

If it does work I can see it being used only as a first coat and top off with multi to save on costs. Looking forward to trying it tho!

Just have to see how much it's gonna be, then try it and give it a yes or a no! :RpS_mellow:

like i said id proberly only use it if its a painted reskim in the winter i.e artex ceilin and the likes

Well if you look at the other recent finish plasterers BG have produced

Thistle Durafinish £11

Thistle Spray Finish £8

now I know these aren't the prices we pay but they are roughly BGs starting point, so that doesn't bode well for the cost of Uni Finish does it, especially as the Uni is more like the Durafinish than anything else.

The selling point is no PVA so that makes you think more to do with domestic and refurb works. Now if they start selling it at £8.00 a bag thats me out except on a 2 bag ceiling which £16 is feck all if am not having to pva.

Status
Not open for further replies.